Term 1 Honors sgu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted944991

Aced every exam

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your dating life before will be a reflection of your dating life after. You'll be pretty busy though. I'd say really buckle down for the first year and do well academically. Don't fall into the trap of over partying with Island life. Temptation will be there

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Academics will be my priority but its also something I think about
I've heard that line plenty of times before during my time on an island lmao.

Island fever is a reality, hookup culture is present. If you had no game prior to med school, you still won't have any in Grenada.

With the being said, I did find my girlfriend (also a student) while on island so it definitely isn't impossible. Though, I have seen a lot more relationships end rather than start in the Caribbean.

Reactions: 1 user
i mean i dont think i have any game in the pua sense but i have had a gf before. ive been living at home for awhile tho
A relationship should be the last thing on your mind being an incoming medical student. Don't worry, SGU will F you plenty enough. You should be more focused on the fact that as of right now you will be ineligible to apply for a US residency position unless SGU's accrediting body GMDC gets approved by WFME.

well ya, i just wonder how much longer i should keep putting it off as a 24-year-old since i already have not been putting myself out there for a few years (working on med application) BUT like im also fine on my own and dont feel like i need a relationship
Get acclimated for a couple semesters and make sure you can actually pass basic sciences, then you can look to getting a GF. I have seen dismissals, breakups, children from 1st semester relationships but know of no one that is still enrolled and together with that person. Don't underestimate the rigors of medical school, especially when they have 25+% attrition.

Med school is about delayed gratification, most that weren't in a relationship prior to starting are still single.

1.gif

First, gender and sexual orientation contributes to possibility of dating.
Second, factors as availability of single men or women, would play a factor. Sorry to put this in a real estate dictionary, but like, is it a sellers' market, or buyers' market? Y'all know what I mean?
Third, who are you dating? As someone who spent time on a Caribbean island as a medical student, my question is "Are you dating a local or a classmate?" That plays a factor. Did the locals ask you out so you can sponsor them to immigrate to the US or Canada later? Or were they look for some experience getting close with a foreign person? Medical school is a very competitive and stressful environment, please do not let anyone easily take advantage of you.

Last edited:
First, gender and sexual orientation contributes to possibility of dating.
Second, factors as availability of single men or women, would play a factor. Sorry to put this in a real estate dictionary, but like, is it a sellers' market, or buyers' market? Y'all know what I mean?
Third, who are you dating? As someone who spent time on a Caribbean island as a medical student, my question is "Are you dating a local or a classmate?" That plays a factor. Did the locals ask you out so you can sponsor them to immigrate to the US or Canada later? Or were they look for some experience getting close with a foreign person? Medical school is a very competitive and stressful environment, please do not let anyone easily take advantage of you.;,
lol

Get acclimated for a couple semesters and make sure you can actually pass basic sciences, then you can look to getting a GF. I have seen dismissals, breakups, children from 1st semester relationships but know of no one that is still enrolled and together with that person. Don't underestimate the rigors of medical school, especially when they have 25+% attrition.

Med school is about delayed gratification, most that weren't in a relationship prior to starting are still single.
Oh yeah I got Honors (90%+ average) during Term 1 btw (Just finished, I'm on holiday now)

Honestly, you cannot have that in the back of your mind while you are there, if it happens, it happens - should be your approach. Stop attempting to undermine and distract yourself early on with unnecessary stuff.

Honestly, you cannot have that in the back of your mind while you are there, if it happens, it happens - should be your approach. Stop attempting to undermine and distract yourself early on with unnecessary stuff.
Look at the post above

You're better off just journaling these in your diary at this point. No one cares, people gave their opinions and you came back later to say haha see or whatever as if people didn't forget about this thread in general.

You're better off just journaling these in your diary at this point. No one cares, people gave their opinions and you came back later to say haha see or whatever as if people didn't forget about this thread in general.
You probably never got Honors at Ross or wherever (I got term 1 Honors at sgu)

• Hmm
You probably never got Honors at Ross or wherever (I got term 1 Honors at sgu)
Congratulations! It's always important to recognize and honor your accomplishments, and this is indeed an accomplishment! Many fail out or decel in their first semester and you have excelled instead. Keep in mind this is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep your focus and best wishes for success on your chosen path.

Look at the post above
Get an x-box, get pc games or something else fun with your time, relationships are not what you need right now.
That kind of baggage I've seen destroy people a few semesters later on down the line, some of the smartest, most intelligent people I knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.