Terrible GPA, 2nd bachelor degree question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dory2013

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have posted about this but I still have some questions unanswered. So the main reason my gpa is so terrible is because I took college classes during high school in a community college and did terrible on them, in addition to the bad gpa of my freshmen year. I haven't pulled off 4.0's ever after but I kept it over and at 3.5 during my sophmore year. I am now a junior. So I was using AMCAS GPA calculator to figure out things and I found out that no matter how many A's I get this year and next year I won't by any means exceed like a 3.2 running gpa. If I do 24 semester credits and get A's after I graduate (as in post bac)I could get up to 3.46, so I was thinking of a 2nd bachelor to completely improve my GPA. Please tell me if I am taking the wrong approach in figuring all of that out. My main questions are:
Max units you can do while doing a post bac program? (we have a cap for earning our bachelor, but once we've earned that, is there another cap used for post bac programs (formal ones)?)
How hard is it to do a 2nd bachelor at CSU or a UC? anybody familiar with the admission process? Financial aid available? Do you start anew or do they used classes from your first bachelor (for instance, if I have a BS in bio and now I'm gonna do BS in biochem and visa versa, they both require gen chem, ochem... etc, do I do them again or do they transfer from your old work?)
If I don't do a 2nd bachelor and just want to take classes at a 4-year, how does that work, is it even doable?
These are probably super basic questions, excuse my ignorance, I have never considered a 2nd bachelor before so I am not familiar with the details and my online research hasn't been helpful because I am coming across varying schools with varying programs so I was wondering if someone might have more answers.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Get straight As from here on out and head for a master's program: SMP, if you can get in, or an accelerated master's (kind of the same thing) in public health or a hard science.

The fastest way for you to be a doctor is to simply retake all F/D/C science coursework and apply to DO schools. Start with Western and Touro-CA.

I know a lot of people have posted about this but I still have some questions unanswered. So the main reason my gpa is so terrible is because I took college classes during high school in a community college and did terrible on them, in addition to the bad gpa of my freshmen year. I haven't pulled off 4.0's ever after but I kept it over and at 3.5 during my sophmore year. I am now a junior. So I was using AMCAS GPA calculator to figure out things and I found out that no matter how many A's I get this year and next year I won't by any means exceed like a 3.2 running gpa. If I do 24 semester credits and get A's after I graduate (as in post bac)I could get up to 3.46, so I was thinking of a 2nd bachelor to completely improve my GPA. Please tell me if I am taking the wrong approach in figuring all of that out. My main questions are:
Max units you can do while doing a post bac program? (we have a cap for earning our bachelor, but once we've earned that, is there another cap used for post bac programs (formal ones)?)
How hard is it to do a 2nd bachelor at CSU or a UC? anybody familiar with the admission process? Financial aid available? Do you start anew or do they used classes from your first bachelor (for instance, if I have a BS in bio and now I'm gonna do BS in biochem and visa versa, they both require gen chem, ochem... etc, do I do them again or do they transfer from your old work?)
If I don't do a 2nd bachelor and just want to take classes at a 4-year, how does that work, is it even doable?
These are probably super basic questions, excuse my ignorance, I have never considered a 2nd bachelor before so I am not familiar with the details and my online research hasn't been helpful because I am coming across varying schools with varying programs so I was wondering if someone might have more answers.
Thank you!