Test Day To-Dos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RhinB

PGY3
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm taking my MCAT on Saturday...so I would like some advice on top MUST DO things before then in terms of logistics for the Test Center.

I was just planning on going to the test center once on Friday beforehand so I could get a feel of what the site is like, but any other suggestions? Things I should/shouldn't bring?

Let me know!

Thanks a bunch

Members don't see this ad.

Bring a bottle of water and something nutritious to eat during breaks, like some granola bars.

Otherwise, don't stress yourself out too much. Just get a good nights rest and make sure you eat breakfast :)

gum to chew during the exam (chewing gum helps you be less nervous). Don't bring any test material to the exam center or cram the day before or the day of the exam. Even if it helps you a little it's not worth it because it'll make you more stressed and you should just chill right before the exam, so you'll be fresh and ready for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do everything exactly the same as you normally do. Don't eat a bigger breakfast, don't try a different diet, or drink and weird drinks you wouldn't normally drink (soda, energy drinks, coffee, etc.) you'd be surprised by how many people treat test day like it's special and end up getting stressed out because of it. Admittedly, it is a special day, but in the grand scheme of things, it's just any old day.

Do some light reading the night before, and some practice questions that are easy.

Morning, read the news paper or something stimulating.

Again, don't do anything weird you normally wouldn't do (blast music to get pumped up, eat weird food, etc.)

Good luck!

Do everything exactly the same as you normally do.

This is the credited response.

Every once in a blue moon I get a kid who tells me "oh my god on the test I freaked out b/c it was the real thing so I did [insert ridiculous strategy that they've never done before here] during the test and I bombed!"

It's just another AAMC test. That's it. Just another practice test written by the AAMC, but this one takes a month to get your scores back.

No need to freak. It's just another AAMC test. No need to worry. It's just another AAMC test. You've done a bunch of them before - maybe even all eight. So why worry? It's just another AAMC test. It'll look, feel, smell, and taste just like any other AAMC test which is an experience you've had bunches of times before. It's just another AAMC test.

Good luck!! :)

Reactions: 1 user