Texas A&M or Michigan for OOS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TongueFuCal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm torn between the two and now at the final hour I want to choose one or the other.

GRE is 510/650 and i plan to easily up that 200 points or so. Analytical was 5.5. 22y/o from University of South Florida.

Considering OOS, would A&M or Michigan be the safer choice?

Members don't see this ad.

My vote is for Michigan if you haven't started on either of them. Texas A&M has it's own application site (not VMCAS) that takes fooorreeeevvveerr to complete, they also require your letter writers to submit all these special forms, and there are tons of little odds and ends that you have to send in (photos, supplemental, confirmation sheets, etc.).

The number of OOS that Michigan accepts is actually pretty high whereas at A&M it's superrr small. So I say unless you are in love with A&M for some reason go for Michigan. Definitely the safer choice IMO.

Last edited:
Michigan is much easier on OOS'ers ... I believe A&M only takes like 5 to 10 OOS? Something ridiculous like that.

What other schools were you looking into?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, Michigan was initially my choice and I remembered considering A&M much earlier on because %wise it accepted more OOS than michigan (perhaps marginally).

Applying to UF (IS), upenn and cornell (both of which I have strong LOR's for)

Apply to MSU! I'm a first year here and I love it. I almost didn't apply here and I'm so glad I did! Your GREs are already higher than mine were and I got in to 5 schools! I don't think MSU weighs them too high! :) Good luck!

Crap, I should've applied to Michigan lol.

OSJ: What all were you accepted into?

I vote MSU too-great school!

Just think, OSJ...we could be going to LSU right now (nothing against LSU, it's just weird how things play out:p)

Hopeful- I was accepted to LSU, Mississippi, Michigan, Western and Edinburgh!
Mickey's pet- I thought of the same thing, I'm so glad I'm here! :)