Texas Tech MOT class of 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baylorgirl2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted into Tech's program and was wondering if a Facebook group had been started yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! I was also recently accepted!! I have no idea about a facebook group though..

Hey! I was just accepted too! :D I'm excited

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you three! I'm still waiting to hear back from tech. I was wondering if you all received your acceptance through email or a letter through the mail. Thanks!

I received an email and it said that I would also receive an official letter by mail.

Thanks for the reply. Safe to say I didn't get accepted. Best of luck in the program! :)

I also received an email on 2/8. Does anyone know where they are going to live yet? Trying to find a place with the lowest costs possible. I lived in Lubbock for 2 years and hated the apartment I was in. Hoping to find a better place this time around :)

Hey! Hang in there cota1203! God always places you where it's best for you, even if that means waiting. Trust me, I went through that in college! Did you interview at Texas Tech on Jan. 25? I'm just trying to see if I recognize some of you.

I'll be looking for housing and a roomate, too. I've never lived in Lubbock! The only time I was there was for the interview so I have no idea of what is a decent area to live in.

Yes! Did you interview that day too?

Last edited:
Hey! Hang in there cota1203! God always places you where it's best for you, even if that means waiting. Trust me, I went through that in college! Did you interview at Texas Tech on Jan. 25? I'm just trying to see if I recognize some of you.

I'll be looking for housing and a roomate, too. I've never lived in Lubbock! The only time I was there was for the interview so I have no idea of what is a decent area to live in.
I also interviewed Jan. 25th :)

Congratulations to all of you!

As a recent TTUHSC grad and brand new OTR, I'd like you to know that this will most likely be the hardest thing you've ever done (especially cadaver lab this summer), but you've chosen a fantastic program that will guide you well and prepare you not only for your Fieldworks and the board exam, but for your professional life afterwards.

Traffic is almost never an issue in Lubbock- so don't limit your housing options to those around the HSC - you can live on the opposite side of town and still have only a 15 minute commute to class.

Yes, I interviewed on Jan. 25th too. I'm Karla, from Houston :)
Have you guys accepted the admission offer already?

I'm Erin, from the Odessa/Midland area. Currently living/working in Houston and I already accepted the admissions offer. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I will be applying to Texas Tech next year and it is my top choice. For those that have been accepted, what was your cumulative GPA, prerequisite GPA, volunteer hours, etc. This would really help me out! I have a 3.68 cumulative and 3.9 prerequisite with over 200 observation hours in 2 different settings. I basically just want to know my chances! Also, good luck to those who have been accepted for the class of 2015!

Last edited:
Has anyone recieved their formal letter in the mail? I'm still waiting on mine.

Baylorgirl- I got mine a few days ago and have sent it back..maybe call the office?

Hey, I haven't received mine eithet! I thought I would get it by yesterday but nothing.
OTHopeful17, can you summarize what the contract states?
Thanks!

Hey, I haven't received mine eithet! I thought I would get it by yesterday but nothing.
OTHopeful17, can you summarize what the contract states?
Thanks!

Call the admissions office and they'll take care of it. I had moved since submitting my application and my formal letter was sent to the old address. They emailed it to me and I signed and faxed it to them.

I hope they're there tomorrow (President's Day), since the time to reply ends this week. I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Kaab14a- Basically the contract just says congratulations and then explains that the conditions must be met by entering the program and that a $100 nonrefundable placement guarantee is due with the contract. Then there is another form that will have check marks next to the things you still need to complete.

Hope you have been able to get your letter by now! :)

Thanks OTHopeful! I got it and I'm sending it back tomorrow. :)

I have a question for those of you who applied to Tech's MOT program! I've already emailed the admissions department about this, but I'm hoping to get a faster reply here.

How did y'all have to submit your recommendation letters? I'm in the process of asking for recommendations and I want to give all the necessary information to those I'm asking for letters from. Are they submitted electronically as a file or are they mailed to a specific address? I'd also like to know to whom the letters need to be addressed to.

Thank you!