Thank You Cards Post-Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeeproteins

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should Thank You cards be mailed to the interviewers and their school office addresses or left with the front desk? or alternate option?

Are greeting style folded cards acceptable or hand penned stationary sheets?

Is something like this too gaudy?
http://www.papersource.com/item/Gol...t-A2-Thank-You-Notes/2710_022/4661007936.html

Thank you for any help or advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I sent thank you cards. Your cards are bit over the top in my opinion. Stick to simple and professional. The simpler the better. Mine were just black and white thank you cards that I bought in bulk at target.

I also just mailed to their PO box in the admissions office so I hope that helps you. If you can hand deliver to the mail box that works too

I'd be willing to bet that thank you cards don't even make it past the mail person. Having said that, if you have your interviewers email/phone number that might help.

My intuition tells me that adcoms are jaded about thank you cards and theyhave no effect on any part of the process.

A brief thank you email to your interviewer can reinforce your interest in the school. Short meaning 5 sentences...