Thank You Letter after interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SummaryRuled

SummaryRuled
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should the thank you letter after an interview say? (Assuming we want to suck up):confused:

Members don't see this ad.

What should the thank you letter after an interview say? (Assuming we want to suck up):confused:

Don't do it. What would you thank them for considering you, it will seem either desperate or insinsere. Let your credentials speak for you, nobody likes a suck up.

Don't do it. What would you thank them for considering you, it will seem either desperate or insinsere. Let your credentials speak for you, nobody likes a suck up.
I would have to disagree with pmantz. I sent a very sincere, short and to the point thank you card after my interview. Adding to this point, 2 of my friends sent thank you cards after interviews last year to the schools they sincerely enjoyed.... and guess what, they got accepted to every school they interviewed at. Go with what feels natural man.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would have to disagree with pmantz. I sent a very sincere, short and to the point thank you card after my interview. Adding to this point, 2 of my friends sent thank you cards after interviews last year to the schools they sincerely enjoyed.... and guess what, they got accepted to every school they interviewed at. Go with what feels natural man.

Alright. Well listen to fajitapita. I just went with my gut feeling, it doesn't feel quite right to me but I don't have personal experience in that matter. I have never been on an interview so maybe I will feel differently in two weeks. Good Luck

I sent a thank you email to my interviewer and got into the school but we really hit it off. He even gave me his card and told me to drop him an email if I had any questions about the school.

However, I would only do it if the interview went really well and it doesn't seem like an ass kiss.

Dr. Kanani =P recommends that you do send a thank you letter. His example was pretty long. I don't think it needs to be that long. That's sorta kiss-ass. I think a terse note would do. I think it's just common decency to send a thank you, but it's also not a necessity to send one.

a nice, polite, short, to-the-point thank you card is the only thing you really need. NO....it's not gonna make you look desperate or look like your kissing ass. dooooooo ittttt

I think there should be a poll to see if there is a correlation between, being a famale and sending a thank you note, and a male not sending one. I know my wife and her friends are good about sending them, and every guy I know either forgets or procrastinates.