thanks for input!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neuroticpremed1212

Reaction score
thanks for input!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
How will Casper or PREview fit into your testing schedule? Secondary essay drafts? Interview prep? School networking?

Definitely keep grinding with those extracurricular hours. If you get a stellar MCAT and GPA, you do not want to skimp in your experiences (breadth and depth). Line up those letters and don't get caught by surprise from your prehealth advising committee (if there is one).

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I would like some insight into how I am currently doing. I am a Junior, with no intention of taking a gap year. I am planning to start preparing for my MCAT once this semester ends, with an intended test date of late April/early May. As a result, I'd appreciate some feedback on the other aspects of my application!

PA Resident
ORM
cGPA: 3.93 sGPA: 3.91
MCAT: N/A, planning to take in April

clinical:
ambassador medical scribe (ER and Outpatient): 550 hours
patient transporter: 300 hours
hospice volunteer: 100 hours

non clinical:
summer camp for children with disabilities: 168 hours
crisis text line counselor: 320 hours
habit for humanity: 18 hours, looking to get this up to around 100-150
Medical accompaniment for refugees: just starting... not sure how much I will get.

research:
undergrad cancer research: 580 hours
pubs/posters/presentations: 1 oral presentation, 1 poster, and a couple of pending publications, however not sure if I will be published before application season.

other:
shadowing: 40 hours, looking to get to at least 80
teaching assistant for orgo: 380 hours
on the board for an undergrad club: 70 hours
job at target which I worked for a year before college: 700 hours
hobbies: play piano and basketball

My main goal for the next 6 months is to primarily prepare for my mcat, and touch up some of my ECs. Please let me know of any suggests and how I am doing!
Hey! You have some great experiences here. Make sure to get shadowing in primary care if you only have subspecialties at the moment (didn't list what area the shadowing was in). Good volunteering and I think habitat for humanity is a great activity to rack up hours in. Clinical is good and research looks good.

I know it's kind of late at this point, but I would try to get involved in more leadership activities either in the club you're already in or by starting a new one. Schools care about stuff like that a lot and will help you answer a ton of secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently working on starting a nonprofit with some of my close friends, but I am not sure if it will be up and running by the time I apply. Would this be something that would count towards more leadership?
Yea definitely. Try to get it going ASAP so you can throw that in AMCAS

Status
Not open for further replies.