That classic "any additional info" secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makingthatmcatpur

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You guys probs know what are referring to. It's that question that many secondaries ask at the very end... It's that "Is there any additional information not contained elsewhere" kinda question.

What exactly are med schools looking for with this question? Do most people leave it blank or is this a good chance to add more info that supplements your primary?

I just recently received a pretty neat award/honor this past week (after I submitted my primary), is this something I should mention when asked the question above?

Members don't see this ad.

You guys probs know what are referring to. It's that question that many secondaries ask at the very end... It's that "Is there any additional information not contained elsewhere" kinda question.

What exactly are med schools looking for with this question? Do most people leave it blank or is this a good chance to add more info that supplements your primary?

I just recently received a pretty neat award/honor this past week (after I submitted my primary), is this something I should mention when asked the question above?
Yes, mention the award, and perhaps andy new activities in which you've gotten involved that are med-school relevant.

You could also explain GPA dips or significant mistakes you made when filling out the primary.

Yes, mention the award, and perhaps andy new activities in which you've gotten involved that are med-school relevant.

You could also explain GPA dips or significant mistakes you made when filling out the primary.

Would it be wise to use it as a diversity essay or its that gonna annoy adcoms?

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you have in mind?

Working at my grandfather's farm during the summers. Had to tend to animals and crops. Taught me many lessons and talk about how these lessons can be used in medicine and how that can add value to their school