MCAT The 10 Most Common MCAT Myths About the New MCAT (1 hour free podcast)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes. It is pretty depressing. The exam is longer, harder, has more tested topics (the dreaded Biochemistry!!!!), requires a lot more stamina and focus. 230 questions over 6 hours and 15 minutes?? STOP.

Yes, the new MCAT is hard but don't get frustrated, get prepared and learn how to approach this beast. You might even enjoy the whole preparation experience! We put together the 10 most common myths about the new MCAT with the hope it will help you focus your mind only on the things that are important. Here they are:

1. Since it’s standardized, the exam day is the same for everyone.
2. I will learn everything before the exam.
3. CARS as a reading section so it’s not important.
4. Every question counts.
5. I can take the MCAT as often as I like.
6. A high MCAT score is vital for medical school admissions.
7. It’s only about the test.
8. You have to know more content for the new MCAT than any other standardized exam.
9. Some questions are designed to trick me.
10. I can’t practice yet.

To read the whole article, and to listen to the 1 hour free podcast with Dr Ryan Gray interviewing our very own Dr. Ferdinand, visit: 10 Common MCAT Myths

What do you fear the most about the new MCAT? What myth have you heard? Do you agree with our list or would like to add to it? Join the discussion! From all the comments, we will choose one winner (raffle). The prize is 3 months access to 2 full-length Gold Standard MCAT practice tests.

Good luck to all!​

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: