The Dreaded Alternative

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teucer

I'll take an M-14 any day
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's everyone plan on doing if they don't get in to an audiology program? I'm looking at Architecture, myself. I can't picture diddling around until next year and re-applying everywhere I've applied this year...what a horror! One of those things you wanna do once and only once if possible.:xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm. Looks like everyone is pretty confident in their career choice!

when i get a clue ill let u know, i have a BA in speech, language and hearing sciences. basically im screwed if i don't get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
You aren't screwed. How can you be screwed? No such thing as screwed...there is always an alternative. A good leader, when given unfavorable choices "A" and "B", looks for choice "C". Good luck.

i hear they're looking for a few good men, lol. choice "c" with my degree is bleak, even choice "b" is.

Now that you mention it, I know a lot of people lately that have taken up Uncle Sam's offer for an eight year honeymoon to neverland. Even older guys are joining the ranks in record numbers, particularly now that they've upped the max. age of enlistment. This is what happens when the economy gets rough like we've been seeing. It is not a favorable time for anyone to get out of military service, but alas; I am young and have but one life to live. Have to get graduate school taken care of sooner rather than later. Just have to roll with the punches for the time being.

Now that you mention it, I know a lot of people lately that have taken up Uncle Sam's offer for an eight year honeymoon to neverland. Even older guys are joining the ranks in record numbers, particularly now that they've upped the max. age of enlistment. This is what happens when the economy gets rough like we've been seeing. It is not a favorable time for anyone to get out of military service, but alas; I am young and have but one life to live. Have to get graduate school taken care of sooner rather than later. Just have to roll with the punches for the time being.

I pray that you get yourself a tape recorder if you don't already have one.

I also have a bachelors in communication sciences and disorders and I feel if I don't get into grad school im up ****s creek, cause I can't do anything with a bachelors

I also have a bachelors in communication sciences and disorders and I feel if I don't get into grad school im up ****s creek, cause I can't do anything with a bachelors

In CA can get a SLPA license with a Bachelors, as long as you either already have a certain # of clinical hours. If you don't have the hours, can dial in to a community college program & take just their practicum class as an alternative way to meet the requirement. I've seen help wanted flyers with $18-$25/hour salaries & they're in demand here...

not sure where you are, but wanted to share the info. I was thinking of that as a Plan B to support myself over a regroup/re-eval period, if I didn't get in anywhere for this fall.