The job market just got a lot tighter in the DFW area.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Correct me if you are in the know and I am wrong, but it's a very safe bet that Texas Presbyterian employees are updating their resumes and CVs en masse and applying for other jobs.

Some of them might even be desperate enough to work at CVS.

This whole thing is a major-league cluster you-know-what.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Correct me if you are in the know and I am wrong, but it's a very safe bet that Texas Presbyterian employees are updating their resumes and CVs en masse and applying for other jobs.

Some of them might even be desperate enough to work at CVS.

This whole thing is a major-league cluster you-know-what.
Even if they all quit it's only 51 pharmacists. Express Scripts just LAID OFF 150 Pharmacists in DFW alone in May of this year. (500+ nationwide)

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...ts-to-lay-off-566-in-fort-worth.html?page=all

What's more menacing to the viability of our profession? A communicable disease with a 70% mortality rate or the PBMs? I think the answer is clear as noted above....

1 ebola patient and people are freaking out? Seriously? Not taking my job!

Members don't see this ad :)
rph3664 ought to hook up with Vatic. Always forecasting doom and gloom or the end of the world...

^^ Vatic is a gold bug. He wants America to fail so he can profit from it. Too bad the U.S. economy is not that simple. America is like the best looking girl at the 10 year high school reunion. Not as attractive as before but still pretty good looking compared to her peers.

Something I have heard NOTHING about is if anyone (and if so, how many people) have been fired for inappropriately accessing the patients' medical records. That's very common with high-profile medical cases.

Something I have heard NOTHING about is if anyone (and if so, how many people) have been fired for inappropriately accessing the patients' medical records. That's very common with high-profile medical cases.

I believe that there were a few cases about people being fired for inappropriately accessing the patient's medical record. More so in hospitals... but I remember vaguely about one concerning Rite Aid a while back.

There have been persistent rumors that Nina Pham was planning to sue TP, and this morning's news confirmed that she is, and violation of her privacy is one reason why. Apparently, she did not want her name released, let alone that outrageous video of her in isolation before she was transported.

http://res.dallasnews.com/interactives/nina-pham/

This news came the day after NBC reported that the Writebols are headed back to Africa. Nancy was shown donating plasma for research, and her husband is participating in the vaccine trial. I definitely wish them the best. :)

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eb...ivor-nancy-writebol-returning-liberia-n312131

In addition, Dr. Sacra recently got back from a few weeks over there, and Ashoka Mukpo has returned to report on updated conditions in Monrovia. Dr. Sacra's blog is linked to CNN, so he definitely wants people to see it, and Mukpo has an open Twitter feed and is also a public figure in some circles for reasons completely unrelated to this, so I don't feel like a voyeur when I look at it.

Talk about the ultimate in dedication.

Last edited:
There have been persistent rumors that Nina Pham was planning to sue TP, and this morning's news confirmed that she is, and violation of her privacy is one reason why. Apparently, she did not want her name released, let alone that outrageous video of her in isolation before she was transported.

If this is true, I am amazed that a hospital would mess up so badly. HIPAA, HIPAA, HIPAA, especially on such a sensitive issue, "anonymous" leaks would be bad enough, but yes, if the hospital officially released her name & video of her without her consent, then I think she will win her lawsuit

The hospital doesn't need her consent if releasing the info is important for public safety. Don't sling HIPAA around if you don't know the law.

The hospital doesn't need her consent if releasing the info is important for public safety. Don't sling HIPAA around if you don't know the law.

True, but there was no public safety aspect here. She was quarantined in a hospital, its not like she was running around and they need the public to help identify her. Nor could I imagine ANY situation where releasing a video of her from the hospital bed could ever be necessary for public safety. It sounds like the hospital really messed up.

When this story appeared the day before Thanksgiving, one of my thoughts was that the two nurses shouldn't have been there. That the others got it was understandable, because they were in the "hot zone".

http://www.today.com/health/us-ebola-survivors-meet-today-show-give-thanks-angel-kent-1D80318755

I later found out the real reason they were brought together. The "Time People of the Year" had already been decided, and all of them, except Ashoka Mukpo, are in a video that's on the accompanying website. He's not in it because he wasn't a direct patient caregiver; however, in an interview with a local TV station, he said, "Aw, shucks, I'd give them all the Nobel Prize if I could." You can tell it was shot the same day, because all of them are wearing the same clothes in both clips.

There are two other identified American survivors; Dr. Spencer is not giving interviews (although he recently wrote an essay for NEJM) and Dr. Crozier had not come forward at that time.

As for the lengthy recoveries, I Tivo'd the National Prayer Breakfast because I heard the Dalai Lama would be speaking (he didn't), but Dr. Brantly did do a reading. He wore very thick glasses, which made me wonder if he really is as fully recovered as everyone says he is.

Some of us on another website believe that it will be quickly settled with a gag order. I'm inclined to agree; time will tell.