The MOST PAINFUL 2 Week DAT Study Plan. 22AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutiepiec

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
Scores:
Bio: 22
Gen chem: 21
Ochem: 30
TS: 23
QR: 18 ouch
AA: 22
When I was studying I found great comfort in reading everyone’s DAT breakdowns. I will preface by saying my study plan was not ideal and I honestly don’t recommend this to ANYONE. I think the stress and pandemonium my life has been for the past 2 weeks has taken a dramatic toll on my health. I had gotten by in undergrad with limited studying, and didn’t think this test would be the MONSTER that it is. My academic advisor told me with my 3.9 GPA I should be fine with minimal studying for the DAT. Not sure if this is true for anyone else, but it was definitely not true for me. I definitely would have done a lot better with 2-3 months. Unless you are a genius prodigy, DONTlet people tell you this test is easy or you don’t need to study. This test is a BEAST and you need to put your time in. I am writing out my breakdown for the people who find themselves having very little time to study. I had many, FML FML FML IM GOING TO FAIL moments.
Dat Bootcamp was my main resource, and I used Kaplan to supplement. Kaplan was the biggest waste of money. The questions are much longer and harder than they need to be, and I found it to be quite discouraging and not representative of the real test.

I put in 14 hour study days for the full 14 days. At some points, I felt like I was losing my mind. When you study for that long words start blending together and your brain will just turn off. I lost 6lbs in ONE WEEK, and was 15lbs lighter than my original weight on the day I took the test. I took a shower on day 12 and realized I was losing BIG CHUNKS OF HAIR!! BIG WTF!!! I would wake up at 5am in the morning, complete my daily mantra of “you are going to fail, why the hell didn’t you start sooner?!?!” and then study until 6-8pm. I spent the first 7 days watching Mike’s Ochem and GenChem videos on max speed. I did all the notes and did all the question banks. I then would go through bio and make flash cards for every chapter. On day 10 I had about 1500 biology flash cards. I would do 750 one day and then 750 the next day up until my test.
DAT Bootcamp is the BEST resource. I purchased PAT Booster and honestly didn’t like the layout as much as Bootcamp. My PAT test on the DAT was much harder than booster and Bootcamp and I got a much lower score than anticipated. I had gotten a 22 average on PAT Booster, just goes to show, you never know what will be on the test. I wish I had done destroyer for QR practice. I really neglected the QR section and it definitely showed, boot camp’s QR prep was probably the worst out of all of their sections. So I would invest in destroyer if you have the time.
Again, I do not recommend this, I feel so sick and am prepared to go into hibernation for at least a year.
Best of luck to everyone!
Overall:
DAT Bootcamp: 1000/10
PAT Booster: 5/10
Kaplan: 1/10

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 99A8C01C-62F0-46DB-9BF8-1E0FFAD313D9.jpeg
    99A8C01C-62F0-46DB-9BF8-1E0FFAD313D9.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I was wondering what was your score breakdowns on the dat bootcamp? also , i feel like i'm in a similar boat as you. my test is in around 10 days and I feel like I know nothing. Your Ochem score is killer and that's one of the sections I'm really struggling on currently. Any advice on how to improve it ? And, did you have a strong background in OChem b4 studying ? Thank you so much!!

Hi, I was wondering what was your score breakdowns on the dat bootcamp? also , i feel like i'm in a similar boat as you. my test is in around 10 days and I feel like I know nothing. Your Ochem score is killer and that's one of the sections I'm really struggling on currently. Any advice on how to improve it ? And, did you have a strong background in OChem b4 studying ? Thank you so much!!
Hello! Happy to help.
My scores on the last 5 Bootcamp tests were:
AA:

Yes, I was a TA for Ochem 1 and 2 so had a better background in Ochem for sure. I hadn’t taken the class in a few years so it was still lots of review. I recommend you print all the reaction sheets from DAT Bootcamp and rewrite them 3 times, all of the reactions. Trust me, you know more than you think. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user