The Off Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I remember around 2002... we got about 12 inches of accumulation in Maumelle.

:eek: I started living in Maumelle around 2002. June or July 2001 to be exact.

I am...and I am posting this from my blackberry while riding down 635 at 80 miles an hour.

On a motorcycle? It sounds like that would take some mad skills :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang. You lived on the other side of town from me. I live near the club house in the Country Club of Arkansas.

That POS golf course... with dead bermuda greens with fungus everywhere.. I hate the 8th hole and the 9th hole should be a par 4.

My buddy and I once got into an argument with a volunteer starter.. and we got him fired. He was hooking up his buddies and let a 4some..2 men and 2 women ahead of us..who were suppose to be behind us. and we got irate..

I still go up to Hot springs village to play..

That POS golf course... with dead bermuda greens with fungus everywhere.. I hate the 8th hole and the 9th hole should be a par 4.

My buddy and I once got into an argument with a volunteer starter.. and we got him fired. He was hooking up his buddies and let a 4some..2 men and 2 women ahead of us..who were suppose to be behind us. and we got irate..

I still go up to Hot springs village to play..

:laugh: I don't like the 8th hole either. I remember struggling many times on the 9th hole though. I hurt my ankle there and I didn't play golf for few weeks. When I came back home, I had a dark bruise on my ankle.

I remember one time I tried to ride my bike on the cart paths of the golf course, and a relatively old guy who works there said "Don't ride the bikes on these courses. Most of these golfers do not have enough insurance to pay if you get hit with a golf ball."

I should check out the Village some time. I'd go the next time I go down to Hot Springs, but I would have to know where to go :laugh:

There's a girl at school I like who is from Hot Springs. Maybe if we hang out close to her hometown, I could go there with her, since she would be more familiar with Hot Springs Village than I am.

My, my, my aren’t you a big man for getting a volunteer starter fired.:smuggrin:

We used to frequent Senor Tequila's...and the cook from there went out and set up his own restaurant across Maumelle Blvd.. I still go and eat wings at Beef O'Brady's.. know the owners.. Jones.. he used to play baseball for the Cards. And he used to be a guest on Triple R idiots sports radio talk show on 103.7. Gawd they're idiots..Randy Rainwater, Rick Shaeffer, and Ray Tucker... I'm not sure Tucker is still on.

Now.. you aint too good with the ladies are you.. what you think you're gonna do hanging out in Hot Springs? There aint much to do there..this time of the year.. maybe during summer if you got a boat, that's another story....and it's worse in HSV. Take her out to the Rivermarket..there's more things to do there than Hot Springs.

:laugh: I don't like the 8th hole either. I remember struggling many times on the 9th hole though. I hurt my ankle there and I didn't play golf for few weeks. When I came back home, I had a dark bruise on my ankle.

I remember one time I tried to ride my bike on the cart paths of the golf course, and a relatively old guy who works there said "Don't ride the bikes on these courses. Most of these golfers do not have enough insurance to pay if you get hit with a golf ball."

I should check out the Village some time. I'd go the next time I go down to Hot Springs, but I would have to know where to go :laugh:

There's a girl at school I like who is from Hot Springs. Maybe if we hang out close to her hometown, I could go there with her, since she would be more familiar with Hot Springs Village than I am.

Members don't see this ad :)
The over/under for Dad to get toys put together tonight is five hours. Anyone wanna place any bets?

How many toys? Are they made in China? If there are less than 8 china made toys, give me 1000 under.

If more than 8, give me 1000 over.

We used to frequent Senor Tequila's...and the cook from there went out and set up his own restaurant across Maumelle Blvd.. I still go and eat wings at Beef O'Brady's.. know the owners.. Jones.. he used to play baseball for the Cards. And he used to be a guest on Triple R idiots sports radio talk show on 103.7. Gawd they're idiots..Randy Rainwater, Rick Shaeffer, and Ray Tucker... I'm not sure Tucker is still on.

Now.. you aint too good with the ladies are you.. what you think you're gonna do hanging out in Hot Springs? There aint much to do there..this time of the year.. maybe during summer if you got a boat, that's another story....and it's worse in HSV. Take her out to the Rivermarket..there's more things to do there than Hot Springs.

Well, I know I can go to the Rivermarket and do all that, but she drinks less than I do :laugh: Most of the places there have bars and stuff, so it would be kinda loud, and she's not the type to get wild or anything.

I know few places in Hot Springs where I could hang out with her, since I know where many things are since I went to high school there, and she did too.

LOL well what does this say about us? It's Christmas morning/afternoon and we're all on SDN. :laugh:

I gave most of my presents to my mother... that was my good deed for the day. Now it's time to go finish my supplementals.

LOL well what does this say about us? It's Christmas morning/afternoon and we're all on SDN. :laugh:

I gave most of my presents to my mother... that was my good deed for the day. Now it's time to go finish my supplementals.

That we're in the technological age? :laugh: Back in the days we would spend so much time with our family, but it's all electronic now, so that minimizes time we have to spend away from the electronics :laugh:

This is the best line I read that describes the first decade of 2000: spending money that we dont have on things that we don't need to impress people we don't like.

Aren't we still in the decade since it runs from 2001-2010? I looked it up on wikipedia, and there was no year 0. Which makes the first decade 1 AD to 10 AD. Then this decade is from 2001 to 2010, right?

So wouldn't we start a new decade in 2011?

Well, the new millenium started in 2000, it would seem odd if the new decade started a year later. When we look back into years like the 60's or 70's, we dont consider 1970 as part of the 60's.

Well, the new millenium started in 2000, it would seem odd if the new decade started a year later. When we look back into years like the 60's or 70's, we dont consider 1970 as part of the 60's.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=when-is-the-beginning-of

Officially, the new millennium will begin at zero hour, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), also referred to as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), on January 1, 2001, according to rules adopted at an international conference held in October 1884.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium

Ranges
A change from ordinals to cardinals is incomplete and might not ever be completed; the main issues arise from the content of the various year ranges. Similar issues affect the contents of decades and centuries.
Those following ordinal year names naturally choose
  • 2001–2010 as the current decade
  • 2001–2100 as the current century
  • 2001–3000 as the current millennium
Those following cardinal year names equally naturally choose
  • 2010–2019 as the current decade
  • 2000–2099 as the current century
  • 2000–2999 as the current millennium

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_millennium

In contemporary history, the third millennium is a period of time that commenced on January 1, 2001, and will end on December 31, 3000, of the Gregorian calendar. This is the third period of one thousand years in the Common Era.
As this millennium is currently in progress, its first two decades, the 2000s and 2010s, are the subject of the historian's attention. The remaining part of the 21st century and longer-term trends are researched in futurology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century

The 21st century is the current century of the Christian Era or Common Era in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on January 1, 2001 and will end on December 31, 2100

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091229210058AAD5mwg

Resolved Question
Is the current decade 2000 - 2009 or 2001 -2010? I've heard both dates mentioned but which is correct?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

2001 to 2010 is the correct answer, the new century/millenium started at 12:00 AM January 1, 2001.

So I think it's just based on how we talk about it. If we talk about the 2000s, it's from 2000-2009 and that makes one decade in history. But in proper time, it would be 2001-2010 if there was no year 0.

Nobody gives a **** about your stupid facts. The decade starts in 2010 because Mike says so. And that's that.

:thumbup: We'll probably look back on this decade as the 10's then.

Pt: So what did you do in the 10's?
Doc: Well, at first we had a lot of people argue saying that it didn't start yet, and some people said it did.
Pt: So did it ever get settled?
Doc: Yeah, Mike said that the new decade had started.
Pt: Who's mike?

:laugh: I'm making this up just for laughs. Was it funny or lame or just dumb? :laugh:

Didn't know you actually lived in AR. I left in 96. Thinking about going back for residency at UAMS or Childrens. I'll robably stay in CA though.

I know few pharmacists who are professors at UAMS that work at children's hospital. I've been living in AR for about 11 1/2 years now.

So guess what brilliant marketing expert Polaroid is hiring as their new Creative Director to revamp their image.

Lady Gaga.

I'm not making this up. This isn't just some endorsement deal, either...she is literally a part of the company and is going to frame their marketing strategy going forward.

I predicted this **** last year and y'all laughed at me. This crazy bitch is going to take over the world.

I wonder why we don't have a picture reveal thread for pharm folks here. :confused:

I wonder why we don't have a picture reveal thread for pharm folks here. :confused:

Most people like being anonymous...especially if they are in school as their school admins may or may not read this forum...

...although I had my picture as my avatar for a long time...while I was in school...and publicly calling them all idiots...

I had the worst day ever at Dave & Buster's tonight. I lost at everything.

In lieu of such, I somehow broke the laws of physics. A ball (i.e. a sphere...round at all points...resistant to the forces of friction) on that game where you hit the giant red button, a ball drops down, and, thanks to the fact that its a ball on a rotating surface and there are numerous holes, it eventually drops into a hole with a number on it indicating the number of tickets you are to be awarded.

Look at this sad ****:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPq_IC58omw[/YOUTUBE]

I cashed in at the ticket stand and got DJ Hero for my 360 to make me happy...

Dave and Busters sucks!

As a side note....Go to your local grocery store and locate the Brach's pick-a-mix candy wall. The chocolate stars are the best all time choclate in the world. I have eaten 1/2 a pound in the last 24 hours. I feel sick and I want to throw up but damn that was some good chocolate!

WV is a small place...the proud grandmother published baby photos in the paper ...**** like that.

Photographs in the paper from Grammy doesn't mean s/he is not packing extra parts under the hood....

Correct. It is not in contention whether Lady Gaga had a sex change op. or whether she identifies solely with the opposite sex (Clearly she enjoys being female or at least utilizing that sex instead of desiring/acting male).

Now, she might be a hermaphrodite...