**The Official July 2015 MCAT Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medaholic Dr

Houston, we've a problem !
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Forum,
This is the official thread I've created for all the July test takers. I know its kinda early to start preparing for the July MCAT, but I know some who may have already begun the marathon since the new MCAT requires more than 3 months of study prep. Let's fill the thread with rich MCAT related discussions and be helpful to one another. The white coat down the lane is awaiting us ! Let's go....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody else complete in August and still getting silence from the majority of your schools like me?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else complete in August and still getting silence from the majority of your schools like me?

Complete late August / early September with 6 II's, 2 rejections and 19 silences. Some schools are very behind, Einstein just sent me a complete email only a few weeks ago and Miami still has not given me a secondary app rating (which they do once they've actually looked at your app). Even if schools are behind, I'm still worried the late submission could be really hurting us :/

You have 6 II, far from anything to be worried about. Be grateful for the opportunity.

I'm not "worried" about not getting an acceptance, I'm worried my hard work won't be rewarded with a deserved response from more schools. I went above and beyond the bare minimums needed to get an acceptance or two (not that achieving the minimum is a small feat or anything). And being "grateful" implies I got my II's through luck or something. Sounds like a good way to diminish someone's efforts and dedication IMO. If I don't get more responses because I didn't earn them, then I'm fine with that. However, it bothers me if I missed out on opportunities simply because of my july mcat making me ~2 months late. Still my fault for being in this late submission situation but its a frustrating way to have your options limited.

There is no doubt you've worked hard, your 6 IIs demonstrate that. Anyone that gets a single II has worked hard. I dont think anyone on this forum would ever attack someones effort or work ethic to puruse medicine because we all comprehend the sacrifices and commitment. Everything happens for a reason. All I'm stating is don't worry about missed opportunities, focus on the ones in front of you. After all it's only november. Schools typically do OOS interviews after the holidays. Being grateful doesnt imply luck, its recognizing the fact you were presented the opportunity to succeed and aspire a career in medicine and you made the most of it. Best regards.

Reactions: 1 users
May 22 scores:
Chem Phys - 126 67%
CARS - 127 81%
Bio/Biochem - 125 54%
Psych/Soc - 127 75%
TOTAL - 505 68%

July 17 scores:
Chem Phys - 128 87%
CARS - 128 87%
Bio/Biochem - 127 77%
Psych/Soc - 130 97%
TOTAL - 513 89%

I've been a lurker on here and I just wanted to give some hope to those who didn't do well this time. Work hard and you can improve your scores on a retake.
Just read your post--What changes did you make that seemed to help you the second time around if you don't mind me asking. Thank you!!