*** The Official UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Received an invite today as well. They asked me to come this Friday! Not sure if I can plan a trip to LA in less than a day since they need to know by tomorrow...
App Completed on July 19th and received a request for the supplemental fee on July 29th.
What are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same got an interview today by email for September 13. I was surprised the date was so soon as its not a lot of time for me to prepare. I think it's because I'm in-state.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a heads up that the office will be really busy next week with orientation for the incoming CO 2023! Probably best to not email or call if you can help it :confused:

Reactions: 2 users
My status still says Received/Application Complete. For those who received an interview invitation, was your status Received/Under Review before you got the notification? Thank you

Reactions: 1 users
My status still says Received/Application Complete. For those who received an interview invitation, was your status Received/Under Review before you got the notification? Thank you

I don’t think it ever turned into received/under review. I did not check it the few hours before I received the invitation though.

Just got an interview invite!
In-state 3.6gpa/24AA/22TS

Also got an interview invite on September 20. Only posting this to give people an idea about dates for those applying this cycle or later.
Submitted app - August 13
Verified - August 14
Supplemental fee - August 26 (I think app was completed a few days after this. I didn't receive an email - just checked aadsas a few days later, and it said complete)
Interview date offered - September 27

Stats and Residency:
GPA - 3.97
DAT - 25 AA, 26 TS, 21 PAT, 22 RC
In-state (CA)

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@artist2022 thanks for all your help on sdn.

Question: would you say that the high school transcripts that we have to send in have any/significant bearing on your admission?

Much appreciated!

@artist2022 thanks for all your help on sdn.

Question: would you say that the high school transcripts that we have to send in have any/significant bearing on your admission?

Much appreciated!
I have no idea honestly. Not sure why they're sent in, maybe to show English proficiency or something similar? Personally, I don't think they affect admission, but idk.

I have no idea honestly. Not sure why they're sent in, maybe to show English proficiency or something similar? Personally, I don't think they affect admission, but idk.

That’s reasonable. I mean we have our entire college record, which is more recent and consists of more relevant factors than the high school curriculum. Can’t be sure, but it seems unlikely that it has any effect. Was just checking.

Thanks!

Is it late to apply to UCLA this week?! OOS
Thank you

Is it late to apply to UCLA this week?! OOS
Thank you

Have you applied to other schools? Might be too late to start submitting applications now.. I'd wait until next year when you are less rushed/pressured.

@artist2022, do you happen to know about how many interview days have been held so far? Or how many are left? Thought I was a pretty solid OOS applicant, but I'm starting to get a bit worried.

@artist2022, do you happen to know about how many interview days have been held so far? Or how many are left? Thought I was a pretty solid OOS applicant, but I'm starting to get a bit worried.
Not entirely sure but I think about 7-8 have been held, with about a couple more left, pre-Dec but don't quote me. I think our IS applicant pool has been especially competitive this year, and also they are not all too OOS friendly.

** Just want to say that it's not always just about stats, the whole process is holistic **

Have you applied to other schools? Might be too late to start submitting applications now.. I'd wait until next year when you are less rushed/pressured.
I have applied to other schools

@artist2022 Hi, I submitted my app on 7/13 and still haven't heard back. Is UCLA one of the schools that is fine with me calling and asking about my status? Thank you !

Are there any stats on pre-December acceptances for UCLA? Does an earlier interview equate to a higher chance of acceptance?

Received an interview invite this morning for October 25th!

For those who have interviewed, where did you stay? Has anyone done the DormShare?

Hello guys! I hope the cycle is treating you well so far! I submitted my application to UCLA mid-June and it was completed early to mid-July. UCLA is one of my top-choice schools (with UCSF) I did my research, undergrad, and volunteering here. To be honest, I started to lose hope since its been 3 months with no words and the majority of the pre-December interviews already went out. I know my stats are not super amazing considering the average GPA for UCLA was 3.8 last year. (3.74 ogpa/sgpa, 24AA 27TS, 19PAT)
Is it still possible for the applicant with a slightly lower GPA to get a post-December interview and get accepted? I am sorry for the negative energy, I just want to get some feedback regarding my chances.

Hello guys! I hope the cycle is treating you well so far! I submitted my application to UCLA mid-June and it was completed early to mid-July. UCLA is one of my top-choice schools (with UCSF) I did my research, undergrad, and volunteering here. To be honest, I started to lose hope since its been 3 months with no words and the majority of the pre-December interviews already went out. I know my stats are not super amazing considering the average GPA for UCLA was 3.8 last year. (3.74 ogpa/sgpa, 24AA 27TS, 19PAT)
Is it still possible for the applicant with a slightly lower GPA to get a post-December interview and get accepted? I am sorry for the negative energy, I just want to get some feedback regarding my chances.
Honestly with a competitive school, sometimes it is just chance if someone on the depending on if the person in the admissions committee looks over your app and likes it or not opposed to others. Your gpa is definitely good enough to get you an interview, especially considering you attended a competitive undergrad like UCLA. I interviewed last week, my GPA was above their average but my DAT was below, so you never know. If you are really interested I would consider writing a letter of interest in the next few days, that has helped me scored me an interview at one of my top choices this cycle.

Honestly with a competitive school, sometimes it is just chance if someone on the depending on if the person in the admissions committee looks over your app and likes it or not opposed to others. Your gpa is definitely good enough to get you an interview, especially considering you attended a competitive undergrad like UCLA. I interviewed last week, my GPA was above their average but my DAT was below, so you never know. If you are really interested I would consider writing a letter of interest in the next few days, that has helped me scored me an interview at one of my top choices this cycle.
If I may ask, was UCLA the school that you sent your letter of intent to?

Congrats! Can you share stats if you don’t mind?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Submitted app on Aug. 12th, and completed my application on Aug.22nd, Notified of interview via email on November 1st!

Last edited:
Just got an interview for Nov 15. I’m in state and I know a D1 at UCLA but my stats are way lower so I’m kinda wondering why they chose me

Just got an interview for Nov 15. I’m in state and I know a D1 at UCLA but my stats are way lower so I’m kinda wondering why they chose me
Congrats! What were your stats and when did you apply?

Dont undermine your app, it just goes to show the admission process, even at top schools is holistic and im sure you have a solid app overall! Enjoy the interview, its a super chill day.