***The Official University of Utah Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just got the alternate list email.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Same here, got wait listed.

Members don't see this ad.

Same. Anyone know how far down they usually go down the waitlist?
From the last year, it looks like they go down the waitlist very fast. I think someone got accepted from being on the waitlist #15 or something last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
A little random but does anyone remember what 5 colors for scrubs students at Utah are allowed to wear in clinic? I was hoping to ask for some scrubs for Christmas but can only remember red being one of the colors for sure.
Crimson Red, Grey, Black and Tan. They currently only allow 4 colors.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone else on the in-state ranked alternate list?

Same. Anyone know how far down they usually go down the waitlist?

I emailed Julie and she said that last year the exhausted all the alternate lists and in the past have accepted people all the way into July. She said every year is different though.

I emailed Julie and she said that last year the exhausted all the alternate lists and in the past have accepted people all the way into July. She said every year is different though.

Do you know if she was talking about the Nonresident lists only that got exhausted? Or was she talking about ALL alternate lists?

A little random but does anyone remember what 5 colors for scrubs students at Utah are allowed to wear in clinic? I was hoping to ask for some scrubs for Christmas but can only remember red being one of the colors for sure.
Red, black, khaki, ...... cant remember the rest

Do you know if she was talking about the Nonresident lists only that got exhausted? Or was she talking about ALL alternate lists?

She didn’t specify, but I’m on the resident one so I would imagine if she only meant the non resident she would have specified. She said “last year we exhausted our alternate lists”.

Does anyone have a full breakdown of the financial aid offered including living costs and the like? I've only found vague numbers.

super random question but how is the parking situation? anyone know? I prefer driving over taking a bus.

super random question but how is the parking situation? anyone know? I prefer driving over taking a bus.

I’ve talked to my friend who is a D3 there and he said it isn’t very good. They try to get you to park away from the school and bus/trax in and leave spots for patients/faculty. The spots fill up super fast.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!! Does anyone know where they are going to live? Or know of good/relatively affordable areas to look into?

Someone on the facebook group said that she was #40 on the OOS list and she got in. I'm in the #20's and didn't hear back yet. Should I contact the school?

Hey guys. I'm a D1 here at the U. I was #20 on the OS alternative list and got my acceptance around January 22nd. As far as I know, the school ended up offering a spot to everyone on the ranked waitlists, out of state and in state, so if you haven't heard back from Julie just yet, don't lose hope. There's still a plenty of time. I recommend checking with Julie every here and there to get an update on your status. I know this process can be really stressful and you probably have a bunch of unanswered questions. lmk and I try to answer as many as I can!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys. I'm a D1 here at the U. I was #20 on the OS alternative list and got my acceptance around January 22nd. As far as I know, the school ended up offering a spot to everyone on the ranked waitlists, out of state and in state, so if you haven't heard back from Julie just yet, don't lose hope. There's still a plenty of time. I recommend checking with Julie every here and there to get an update on your status. I know this process can be really stressful and you probably have a bunch of unanswered questions. lmk and I try to answer as many as I can!

That gives me some hope as someone on the IS ranked list! Do you having any idea how long it took them to go through the IS list?

That gives me some hope as someone on the IS ranked list! Do you having any idea how long it took them to go through the IS list?

The seats are usually finalized by the time the second advanced deposit is due. Ours was on July 1st but they were trying to change it to 3 advanced deposits to finalize the acceptances a little earlier. There are people in our class who were accepted out of the unranked waiting list so I would say it's just a matter of time until they get back to you. But also keep in mind that every year has been different.

If you don't mind me asking, whats your rank on the IS list?

I just got a phone call from Dr. Lowder, so I am assuming that they still have spots in the class available. I was placed on the unranked alternative waitlist, so I'm guessing they already exhausted their ranked waitlist. I, however, have already made plans elsewhere so I will not be taking a spot up here.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a phone call from Dr. Lowder, so I am assuming that they still have spots in the class available. I was placed on the unranked alternative waitlist, so I'm guessing they already exhausted their ranked waitlist. I, however, have already made plans elsewhere so I will not be taking a spot up here.

Are you in state or OOS? Also, they have both ranked and unranked waitlists?

Are you in state or OOS? Also, they have both ranked and unranked waitlists?
I am OOS. And yes, they have a ranked waitlist that they go through and once they’ve made it to the end of that one they reach out to their unranked one.

Anyone heard anything within the last couple weeks? In state or out of state?