****The Official University of Washington Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Does an "offer made" on AADSAS mean I'm in!??????? TOP CHOICE if so, I loved Washington!!! :D

My application was denied... I can't believe it. I'm crushed. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think this means (s)he's in.. I wish though! Then I know things are rollin at UW!

Huh? Of course "Offer made" means an acceptance. What else would it mean? lol

My application was denied... I can't believe it. I'm crushed. :(

I am so sorry to hear that man. With your stats I thought UW would snatch you right away. Call Kathy tomorrow or better, stop by her office. It might be a mistake. It happened before.

I am so sorry to hear that man. With your stats I thought UW would snatch you right away. Call Kathy tomorrow or better, stop by her office. It might be a mistake. It happened before.

I am going to stop by tomorrow. I'm just going to ask and see what I could have improved on my application. Thanks for the support, that is very kind of you! :thumbup:

How did they notify you that you got rejected?

I woke up to this on my AADSAS: "Application Denied. Application has been reviewed; committee has determined there will be no further review and is denied."

Seems pretty clear that they don't want me lol

Huh? Of course "Offer made" means an acceptance. What else would it mean? lol
The post stated "if so", meaning if they're accepted they'll be happy. Anyway sorry to hear about not getting accepted! What's your next top choice?

I am going to stop by tomorrow. I'm just going to ask and see what I could have improved on my application. Thanks for the support, that is very kind of you! :thumbup:

I woke up to this on my AADSAS: "Application Denied. Application has been reviewed; committee has determined there will be no further review and is denied."

I pm'd you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
If you could please update your predents.com?
Thank you much.

The post stated "if so", meaning if they're accepted they'll be happy. Anyway sorry to hear about not getting accepted! What's your next top choice?

Exactly. Having "offer made" on their AADSAS means they were accepted lol :D

My next top choice is UConn. I was really impressed by their program, so I'm glad I made it in there.

Congrats again everyone!

Sorry to hear that, Bereno:(. You'll get in somewhere for sure!

Last edited:
Exactly. Having "offer made" on their AADSAS means they were accepted lol :D

My next top choice is UConn. I was really impressed by their program, so I'm glad I made it in there.

Congrats again everyone!
lol whatever. I read it differently. Congrats, sorry you didn't make it into UW. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Hey y'all, congrats. Saw the "offer made" on the AADSAS this morning, hoping to hear from Kathy soon.

Its either UW (doing undergrad here) or Penn (got a scholarship). If I end up at UW, hope to see you all next year.

Go Dawgs! :D

lol whatever. I read it differently. Congrats, sorry you didn't make it into UW. I'm still waiting for a reply.

lol, I was just playing :p

Good luck to you too! I hope you get the acceptance you want! :thumbup:

Hey Everyone, Congrats to everyone with "offers made" to UW! For those of you who are accepting the offer, I wanted to let you know that the Class of 2015 has created a Facebook group for you all to get to know each other. It's listed as "University of Washington School of Dentistry Class of 2016". Pat yourself on the back for finishing the application process...we all understand how challenging that was! :thumbup:

OK, I'm breaking my silence now that my family heard first.
I'm in and super excited about it!!!!

Congrats! I was wondering when did you interview?

As a general question people that have got in when did you interview?

interviewed on 10/10. I know I need to update my predents :sleep:

Hey Everyone, Congrats to everyone with "offers made" to UW! For those of you who are accepting the offer, I wanted to let you know that the Class of 2015 has created a Facebook group for you all to get to know each other. It's listed as "University of Washington School of Dentistry Class of 2016". Pat yourself on the back for finishing the application process...we all understand how challenging that was! :thumbup:

LINK TO FACEBOOK PAGE (hopefully...) https://www.facebook.com/groups/315949671756006/

Congrats! After our chat yesterday, I thought you might have gone with Penn. Either way, I'm an really happy for you! You have earned it! :thumbup: Now take it easy since you dont have to worry about that 3.5 anymore :cool: lol

Congrats! I was wondering when did you interview?

As a general question people that have got in when did you interview?
I interviewed 10/17...I'm also holding back on telling my family, my dad is currently deployed and I want him to find out on Christmas :) I'll be joining the group then!!

Congrats! After our chat yesterday, I thought you might have gone with Penn. Either way, I'm an really happy for you! You have earned it! :thumbup: Now take it easy since you dont have to worry about that 3.5 anymore :cool: lol

My heart is with UW, but Penn is very attractive as well (scholarship made that possible). Not sure what I should do, but I am in the process of getting advice from several people I know.

If any of you UW students want to help me out with advice, please PM me. I would really appreciate it.

Congrats!!! I knew you'd get in! I'm still waiting to hear back. How did UW notify you? I'm getting a little nervous...:xf:

It was through AADSAS (Dec1).

Kaylee, I'm keeping fingers crossed for you! I really hope you get in. No news is better than bad news. I'm sure you are in the considered pile if you haven't heard anything bad in the past 2 days. You might have some waiting to do since probably everything will be slow going during the holidays, so take a break from being nervous and do enjoy them, and then start checking again after the vacay. Hugs!

For those of you still waiting to hear back from UW, what does your AADSAS status say?

Congrats!!! I knew you'd get in! I'm still waiting to hear back. How did UW notify you? I'm getting a little nervous...:xf:

Well, like others have said, no news is not bad news yet! If they wanted to reject you, they would have done so already lol. I'm really hoping the best for you!! :)

Invited for interview.

I just talked to someone I interviewed with on Nov. 21 with and he said he got accepted. He said they called him and they just decided that day that he got in. So I guess they have reviewed all people interviewed up until now.

Anyone else switch from offer made to recieved/under review?

Did your status change from offer made to received/under review? That would suck :-( I wonder what it means...they took the offer back?!?

Mine still says invited for interview. Maybe that's a good sing that you are still in contention if it went from "invited for interview" to "under review"...

So you interviewed and got accepted a few days later? Thats pretty awesome. did you hear Dec. 1?

I interviewed on Monday (the 5th), and the associate deans told us the earliest we'd know is this Thursday; another girl at the interview said a friend of her's, also get accepted only a few days after interview. So I guess it's fairly standard practice for them.

But for those who are anxiously waiting, there may also be deviations from standard practice so don't despair. I've talked to a person who did not get called right of way so there's hope.:xf:

I didn't mean to imply fast notification was the norm, just that it isn't unusual. Sorry if that may have bothered anyone waiting.

To piggyback on what winnie bear said, I don't remember if this was said to us at our interview or on their site or something, but remember they gave out 80 or so acceptances (for 63 seats) last cycle, which means they definitely give out quite a few acceptances that aren't taken, and then those go on to others waiting to hear, even more reason to keep hope!

Anyone else have any experience or insight with this? It said offer made and now it says received under review

Anyone else have any experience or insight with this? It said offer made and now it says received under review

Did they call you and make an offer? If they did than you got in. If they did not call you yet, then maybe it was an error.

Hey congrats to all of you that got in! I just wanna give some hope to those waiting, you can see by my predents my interview and acceptance dates...that's right, I interviewed on the first day of the cycle, September 20, 2010, and was accepted March 15, 2011! Keep your heads up and think positive...hope to see you all next year!

Are any of you doing the RIDE program?
Do you know how many students each year do RIDE?

Thanks!