The Ohio State University Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpham12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me further information on the difficulties of claiming in-state residency after the first year? I don't ask for much but if anyone could provide me with some information based on personal experience or knows someone with the experience that would be GREAT. I have currently been accepted to four schools and am still crossing my fingers for my number one choice but that looks hopeless so I am trying to decide between going out of state to Ohio State or staying here in Virginia and going to VCU. Personally, I would prefer to go to Ohio to branch out of my comfort zone, meet new people, and, quite honestly, I strongly dislike the MCV campus even though at one point in time it was my number one choice. My family is now pushing me to reconsider in-state for the tuition and I understand their reasoning considering the circumstances, but if at all possible I would MUCH rather go to OSU.

So ANYONE please fill me in on whether or not the process of gaining in-state tuition is feasible without too much stress. Thanks so much.

(This post is also posted in the Pre-Pharmacy forums)

Members don't see this ad.

I switched my residency from Indiana to Ohio last year and its pretty easy. Ohio doesn't really have a required timeline..mostly ASAP changing everything over (permanent address, car titles, liscense plates) are under normal circumstances all that is necessary. You run into some difficult ground if your parents are still claiming you on your taxes, but basically all it takes is cutting all the physical ties from your previous state.

Anyone have any recommendations regarding off-campus housing? I browsed the offcampus housing website and saw numerous landlords; any particular ones I should avoid? Any particular ones are recommended?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any recommendations regarding off-campus housing? I browsed the offcampus housing website and saw numerous landlords; any particular ones I should avoid? Any particular ones are recommended?

Hey,

I don't know if you've already joined the facebook group but there is a long thread in there where a lot of us out-of-staters are looking for off-campus housing. The group is "The Ohio State University Pharmacy Class of 2013" if you haven't already joined.

Hope it helps.

Financial aid packages should have been awarded by today. Has anyone received theirs yet? Because I haven't.