The Republic of Texas XXVIII: Like Chuck Norris, we don't sleep; we wait...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vanguard23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
cometakeit.jpg

Let the games begin, gentlemen >: (

Members don't see this ad.

Hahahaha I like it! Good luck all you waitlisters!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
yay, new thread... me likey!!! :hardy:

Please forgive me, but I want to put a commercial here...:D
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=634535

you could probably just ask in here, as it's been pretty slow. I'd be willing to read some.

EDIT - just to let everyone know up-front: please only send me essays for which you really want an honest and critical review—not if you're just looking for confirmation that you wrote a good essay.
I'm fair, but I'm also pretty tough, so I'll honestly tell you what needs improvement (anyone that's used my ‘services' can confirm this :D). despite how my posts often might look, i'm a grammar/diction/does-this-sentence-explicitly-read-what-was-meant?/structure-nazi when it comes to 'real' writing.

Last edited:
I must say: Vanguard has forever ruined DuckTales for me. Haha.

Does anyone have UTMB waitlist updates? It seems like they haven't taken anymore from the alternate pool yet.

mmmm I love the smell of new threads.

mmmm I love the smell of new threads.

:laugh:

Gizmodo just posted a deal link on a MacBook Air for $1,100 -- that's actually pretty good. Hrm.

I haven't used Macs since the colored translucent all-in-one CRT monitor thingies. G3s, were they?

You all need a lot more than luck! :p Just joking.

It seems like there's not many of you all around here.

you're right...we'll also need divine interventions. I am praying that it does happen. :p

and i can't find that many Texans on here either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple people: just curious, but where are the really nice places to live?

Well the waitlists are still moving...I just got accepted to UTHSCSA!!!! :)

We'll miss you out in Lubbock, but congrats anyway!! Did you get a phone call or just a late email today?

Last edited:
We'll miss you out in Lubbock, but congrats anyway!! Did you get a phone call or just a late email today?

I'll miss a lot of the awesome peeps I met at spring training and talk to on SDN too! I got an e-mail from the dean this afternoon :)

i found the 2014ers...

who the heck told them they could start their own threads independent of the RoT?!?!?! :smuggrin::laugh:

class of 2014: come join us!!!! here's where da party at!!!!
:hardy: :luck: :hardy:

Temple people: just curious, but where are the really nice places to live?

Are you moving to Temple?? Or is this for WHEN you DO get off the waitlist....cuz you will!

who the heck told them they could start their own threads independent of the RoT?!?!?! :smuggrin::laugh:

Here's to hoping the new group will be more representative of college students/med students as a whole.

Oh, and hopefully more UT students than A&M! (That was a joke for those with less senses of humor.)

You got your wish! Congrats.

To Exi: Why are you asking? There are several nice places. Pecan Pointe and Wildflower come to mind, but they're awful expensive for people who are living on loans.

Does anybody know if, once TMDSAS is submitted and processed, to the schools receive it immediately? Or is it like AMCAS where there is a holding period until June 24th (or similar date)?

Does anybody know if, once TMDSAS is submitted and processed, to the schools receive it immediately? Or is it like AMCAS where there is a holding period until June 24th (or similar date)?
They are held and sent out in batches. Last year the first batch was sent out to the schools a couple weeks into June but that might be different this year since it opened later.

They are held and sent out in batches. Last year the first batch was sent out to the schools a couple weeks into June but that might be different this year since it opened later.

yep. +1

(last year the first batch was sent on june 11, but Sno's probably right in that this year's might be later.)

whenever it's sent, you will receive a "transmitted" date that will be listed on your overview/summary page.

I hope they go out at a time equal to the differences between application submission start of this year and last(~18 days). I have to retake my MCAT and won't get the results back til July 18th, so hopefully that should buffer the difference in time that my app will be put on hold.

I hope they go out at a time equal to the differences between application submission start of this year and last(~18 days). I have to retake my MCAT and won't get the results back til July 18th, so hopefully that should buffer the difference in time that my app will be put on hold.

That means your MCAT date is coming up quickly, right?

:luck::luck::luck::luck:

P.S. July 18 is my wedding, let's hope it is a sunny, happy day for us both! :)

Congrats!!!! :highfive:

i found the 2014ers...

who the heck told them they could start their own threads independent of the RoT?!?!?!

:hardy: :luck: :hardy:

looks like you found them. :D

P.S. July 18 is my wedding, let's hope it is a sunny, happy day for us both!

congratulations!!!! :claps::clap::biglove:

don't go crazy on the bachelorette party. ;)

Vanguard

I am also taking the june 18th exam and july 18th is my bday so i am hoping for a good bday present good luck to you

Researching. I received a recent acceptance along with the others posting about it here in SDN -- talk about being excited and a bit scared! :)

One of the best kinds of being scared there is, my friend! :D Congrats.

congratulations!!!! :claps::clap::biglove:

don't go crazy on the bachelorette party. ;)

Haha, this reminds me of what this comedian (his name escapes me at the moment) once said: "Does anybody know the difference between a bachelor's party and a bachelorette's party? A camera".

Hello there!!
I'm an applicant from Canada and going to Texas is really my top choice ... how do you guys think I can make this statement if I have no really connection to Texas? the only connection I have is that my uncle did a residency in Houston like 15 years ago and is no longer there lol

also i have a question regarding entering courses. My institution uses the credit system and a regular course is usually 3 credits while a course and a lab is 4. I also have a 2 credit course and one 9 credit course (project).. Do i really have to convert them into hours? When I consulted the back of my transcript it says: A credit is defined as 13 to 15 hours of formal lectures or the equivalent.

thanks very much!

Hello there!!
I'm an applicant from Canada and going to Texas is really my top choice ... how do you guys think I can make this statement if I have no really connection to Texas? the only connection I have is that my uncle did a residency in Houston like 15 years ago and is no longer there lol

also i have a question regarding entering courses. My institution uses the credit system and a regular course is usually 3 credits while a course and a lab is 4. I also have a 2 credit course and one 9 credit course (project).. Do i really have to convert them into hours? When I consulted the back of my transcript it says: A credit is defined as 13 to 15 hours of formal lectures or the equivalent.

thanks very much!
The conversion method is relatively simple:
1)Buy a gun; preferably large and rifled
2) Get a huge car with a bull horn rack on the front
3) Renounce big government all together
4) Burn all of your clothing. They are both unsuitable for our more humid climate and we can't risk them contaminating our pure air that was provided by the breath of God, Himself.
5) You answer only immediately to Chuck Norris.
6) Understand that Austin may be the capital of Texas but isn't really apart of Texas. THIS WILL BE ON THE NATIONALIZATION TEST
7) Read this article. It may prove vital should you decide(for reasons I can not fathom) to leave God's Land and visit that other place around Texas. You know. That other stuff.
That should get things started!

"credits" is used interchangably with "hours"... in fact some schools/people even say "credit-hours".

for example: one semester of biology 101 lecture is usually ~3 hours, while a one semester lecture+lab of an intro bio is 4 hours.

they don't mean the actual number of hours you were in lecture all semester.

(although SOMETIMES it does mean the number of lecture hours per week, or one third the lab hours per week... ie one week in a "4 hour" gen chem course could mean: a one hour lecture that you attend three times a week (there's 3 hours), plus a three hour lab each week(and 1 more hour, making the total 4 credit-hours))

I received a recent acceptance along with the others posting about it here in SDN

How could you not tell us?!

:wtf: :D

SERIOUSLY, HOW COULD YOU NOT MENTION ANYTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!? were you not bursting at the seams wanting to everybody?!?!??!?! I feel like running around and screaming for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm am soooooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hardy: :soexcited: :hardy: :soexcited: :hardy: :soexcited:

How could you not tell us?!

I was pretty shocked most of the day... there are still a few other people I haven't told. But yes, a flurry of phone calls were made, and here I am on SDN about it, of course :)

:wtf: :D

SERIOUSLY, HOW COULD YOU NOT MENTION ANYTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!? were you not bursting at the seams wanting to everybody?!?!??!?! I feel like running around and screaming for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm am soooooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hardy: :soexcited: :hardy: :soexcited: :hardy: :soexcited:

Thank you! Anyone else incredibly nervous right about now?

I was pretty shocked most of the day... there are still a few other people I haven't told. But yes, a flurry of phone calls were made, and here I am on SDN about it, of course :)

Thank you! Anyone else incredibly nervous right about now?

1. When did you find out?
2. It's normal to be nervous, but don't let it spoil the awesomeness of the moment. It's over!
3. Where will you be?

Congratulations. Where did you get in at?

The conversion method is relatively simple:
1)Buy a gun; preferably large and rifled
2) Get a huge car with a bull horn rack on the front
3) Renounce big government all together
4) Burn all of your clothing. They are both unsuitable for our more humid climate and we can't risk them contaminating our pure air that was provided by the breath of God, Himself.
5) You answer only immediately to Chuck Norris.
6) Understand that Austin may be the capital of Texas but isn't really apart of Texas. THIS WILL BE ON THE NATIONALIZATION TEST
7) Read this article. It may prove vital should you decide(for reasons I can not fathom) to leave God's Land and visit that other place around Texas. You know. That other stuff.
That should get things started!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
if exi's acceptance hadn't trumped it, this would have made my day!!!
:thumbup:

Researching. I received a recent acceptance along with the others posting about it here in SDN -- talk about being excited and a bit scared! :)

congrats man!!! :highfive::clap::soexcited::claps:

I didn't accepted but knowing that you waited it out and finally got in made my day. I don't know what to say. I'm happy that you're happy. You give waitlisters hope. Way to go!!! :thumbup:

Now there's sirespanky left. If he gets in, then we should all cyber party!!!

:laugh: I didn't see that when it was posted; thanks for quoting it.

This still feels... surreal somehow. :xf:

you're going to be a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were you I would run up the ceiling and do backflips. :laugh:

Vanguard that was hilarious :D .. and thank you very much Maggie

Vanguard that was hilarious :D .. and thank you very much Maggie

If Texas is just too big and manly for you then perhaps you should go to something more your league: Liechenstein. You'd really like that, wouldn't you?:mad:
Maybe it's because we support the death penalty? Is that it?

Last edited: