The Safe Place (TM)(R) Thread for Jobless grads and pharmacists "between jobs"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GhostOfCourteousAnimals

Saturation is here!
Removed
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is a cozy place for pharmacists without jobs to hangout and support each other. Describe your situation, your plan to get a job (if any) and remain positive! Please remember to be friendly and no Doom and Gloom or "you should have been working 4 pharmacy jobs in school and had 15 offers before you graduated" No meanies or jerks allowed!

I am in the class of 2019 and graduated with a pharmD. I am currently receiving $191 a month in EBT benefits that I use for food to eat while living at someone's home in the basement. I don't spend money except on the occasional Steam game or when the people I am living with give me birthday money or spending money for doing chores around the house. I try to apply to jobs on Indeed everyday and also play video games to help cheer myself up. While I don't currently have health insurance i try to keep good by going on healthy walks and eating right. Most of my friends and the people I am living with are supportive of me. Recently I have been leaving my degree off to apply to jobs as a pharm. technician to try to get my foot in the door for one of the big corps.

Can't wait to hear from you all. I know i'm not the only jobless one out there. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can’t tell if this is an expert level troll or not.

Reactions: 5 users
I can’t tell if this is an expert level troll or not.
Hello sir thank you for taking the time to respond to my thread I would like to take time out of my day to explain to you that this is not a troll thread this is a thread for individuals that are currently experiencing job loss lack of job lack of career opportunities to support each other in a positive way I can speculate why you might think that this is a troll thread but I feel like engaging you in this manner would derail the thread further. Thank you for your input though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like he enjoys trolling during his free time

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like he enjoys trolling during his free time
Yeah definitely a troll. It was getting a little dull with Modest anteater gone!!
Hey guys I really appreciate your input but right now I'm trying to keep this thread positive and you guys all calling it a troll thread will make show people that could use this thread as a positive outlet for sharing information; like scare them away, you know? Or make them think it's a fake thread or it's mocking them. Like can you refrain from name-calling and mocking this Thread please thank you very much! :)

I mean... do you at least satisfy the lady of the houses needs when the real man of the house is gone for work? Or, do you need someone to tell you how that is done?

I mean... do you at least satisfy the lady of the houses needs when the real man of the house is gone for work? Or, do you need someone to tell you how that is done?

Dude to the higher than expected volume of troll responses I will only be replying to actually legit responses in this thread.

Have you tried streaming the games you've been playing? The money from birthdays and chores can help with good mic and computer. Ill follow you on twitch GhostOfCourteousAnimals

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
How this happen? Don't worry they will fire old pharmacist and hire you at cheap rate

Not sure what you mean by how this happened. I didn't work as a pharmacist intern or tech during school. I think I will eventually be able to get a job

Apply for medical science liaison. Work your network

I don't know what a medical science liaison is. Unfortunately my network is pretty much zero due to me not being very social.

Have you tried streaming the games you've been playing? The money from birthdays and chores can help with good mic and computer. Ill follow you on twitch GhostOfCourteousAnimals

I have a pretty good mic/camera setup however i'm not sure if i'm good enough to warrant others watching me play the video games. I guess i could try it as it's pretty low risk.

Not sure what you mean by how this happened. I didn't work as a pharmacist intern or tech during school. I think I will eventually be able to get a job

I don't know what a medical science liaison is. Unfortunately my network is pretty much zero due to me not being very social.

I have a pretty good mic/camera setup however i'm not sure if i'm good enough to warrant others watching me play the video games. I guess i could try it as it's pretty low risk.
Get a Linked-in account and start talking with District managers of retail stores, pharmacy managers/RPDs at hospitals. and do you have preceptors with whom you rotated. ask them if there are any openings.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you already tried holding those giant signs and having it read "New Pharm Grad Seeking Job" and spinning it on the street corners yet?

Get a Linked-in account and start talking with District managers of retail stores, pharmacy managers/RPDs at hospitals. and do you have preceptors with whom you rotated. ask them if there are any openings.

Hey thanks! So I should try to connect with district managers on Linkedin?

Have you already tried holding those giant signs and having it read "New Pharm Grad Seeking Job" and spinning it on the street corners yet?
I think this would be very embarrassing and I would do it except someone would take a video and then it might go viral and i would be the laughing stock of the pharmacy world and my chances of getting a job would be lowered.

I think this would be very embarrassing and I would do it except someone would take a video and then it might go viral and i would be the laughing stock of the pharmacy world and my chances of getting a job would be lowered.

Do you want a job or not?! Start practicing spinning now. There are tutorials on youtube

Reactions: 3 users
Alright.. what games are you playing?

It’s how we all got jobs. Welcome to real life.

I wish the mods would IP ban your whole city

I dont think thats a good idea... lots of linkedin unemployed new grads. DM is probably tired, I only message when I earn a MBA with PharmD and then they get curious. same with IT pharmacy, I shoot them a text, when I have the degree they get interested. A lot of people actually reply but I hate it when a new grad askes me about IT and blindly following the MBA crowd

I know this is a troll thread but don't be that guy. Don't go messaging people on LinkedIn for jobs... You'll leave that annoying impression and will be instructed to apply normally like the other hundreds of applicants lol

Reactions: 3 users
He mentioned that he will work for Burger King in another thread somewhere. They better address him as Dr. GhostOfCourteousAnimals before completing their order

• Haha
Sometimes I fantasize about dropping all the BS and becoming a bug exterminator. With IBR that is a possibility - right?

Reactions: 2 users
well he can always drive for uber, make some cash, do a line cook. learn some culinary techniques. Waiter .etc. market for people with his service
I tried Uber and Lyft. Drove for them for 8 months actually. Overall I think i lost money. I was in two accidents and the wear and tear on my car was more than I really I made. A lot of sitting around waiting for rides. Lots of drunks getting into my car yelling at me, spilling food/drink, swearing at me, hitting me. Oh and when you show up and there are 8 ppl and they all get in and demand to go someplace even though uber's insurance only covers 4 ppl max making your insurance invalid if you get in a wreck. Did I also mention that my own personal car insurance was invalidated due to working for Uber without telling them? Yeah Ubers a scam man.

I tried Uber and Lyft. Drove for them for 8 months actually. Overall I think i lost money. I was in two accidents and the wear and tear on my car was more than I really I made. A lot of sitting around waiting for rides. Lots of drunks getting into my car yelling at me, spilling food/drink, swearing at me, hitting me. Oh and when you show up and there are 8 ppl and they all get in and demand to go someplace even though uber's insurance only covers 4 ppl max making your insurance invalid if you get in a wreck. Did I also mention that my own personal car insurance was invalidated due to working for Uber without telling them? Yeah Ubers a scam man.
apply to be a chemistry teacher in a uni, or apply to be a teacher

be a pharmacy consultant, the world is your oyster. Go to a third world country and never let the government run after your loans

Last edited:
You made it too obvious, "ghost"

• Haha
Sometimes I fantasize about dropping all the BS and becoming a bug exterminator. With IBR that is a possibility - right?

I dunno man, FLorida has bugs the size of football linebackers......and thats where i would be doing it.....i hate those nasty palmetto bugs..

Looked at his posts, nothing inappropriate, why the ban?

Yes his comments were troll like but I actually do think this guy is unemployed. We have people like sozetone who just complains daily here or pharmacy is a scan who craps on our profession, what's the difference?

If anyone took this thread seriously it might have been a nice area to converse on what you've done to try to find a job.

Reactions: 7 users

Yes his comments were troll like but I actually do think this guy is unemployed. We have people like sozetone who just complains daily here or pharmacy is a scan who craps on our profession, what's the difference?

If anyone took this thread seriously it might have been a nice area to converse on what you've done to try to find a job.

Most forums have an IP tracker that tells mods if the same IP is used by multiple users. My guess is they realized the same IP was associated with a banned account (IE modestanteater)

Most forums have an IP tracker that tells mods if the same IP is used by multiple users. My guess is they realized the same IP was associated with a banned account (IE modestanteater)

It was very quick then. Carol seemed to stick around for awhile at times.

Cause if the mods don't like something they hide it in this hidden forum or ban the person. They don't care what us posters want, the mods only care about what they want. I'm surprised I'm not banned yet.

Cause if the mods don't like something they hide it in this hidden forum or ban the person. They don't care what us posters want, the mods only care about what they want. I'm surprised I'm not banned yet.
Eh, that's far from the truth.

There are many attacks here and it actually seems pretty hard to ban someone.