The Smart Way to Schedule Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skim25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

for scheduling multiple interviews: is it better to schedule them close to each other (up to a week apart) or spread them out (up to 2-4 weeks apart)?

It seems like a double-edged sword. By scheduling them close to each other, I would be able to deal with acceptances (if any) and save a seat for the school I end up choosing. However, I feel like I would get burnt out quickly.

Spreading out the interviews would allow me to prepare myself and not get worn out. However, I am worried about the time limit of saving a seat for schools. Time might run out for one school while I am waiting to hear back from another.

How did you guys schedule your interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

for scheduling multiple interviews: is it better to schedule them close to each other (up to a week apart) or spread them out (up to 2-4 weeks apart)?

It seems like a double-edged sword. By scheduling them close to each other, I would be able to deal with acceptances (if any) and save a seat for the school I end up choosing. However, I feel like I would get burnt out quickly.

Spreading out the interviews would allow me to prepare myself and not get worn out. However, I am worried about the time limit of saving a seat for schools. Time might run out for one school while I am waiting to hear back from another.

How did you guys schedule your interviews?
I would schedule them closer together.

For one, you do have the time limit to respond to an acceptance, which I believe is about 30 days.

Also, I've not heard of anyone really getting burnt out from interviews. The travel kinda sucks but the interviews are usually pretty chill. I actually preferred having mine closer together and I was able to schedule my Western and AZPod interviews 2 days apart so I flew to LA, did my interview, drove a rental car to Phoenix, did my interview, flew home. I saved money overall vs if I would've made two separate trips.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year, I did all 4 of my interviews within 10 days. It was easier for me to take time off of school (since we had 2 days off during that time). It also meant that I got all of my decisions within about 10 days of each other, so my 30 day windows for each school overlapped. I didn't have to make the hard decision of putting down a deposit to hold a spot while still going on interviews.

Reactions: 1 user