The squirrel suffered no injuries....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beanbean

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
8:15 am - BAM

A teenager smashed through a pole and ended up down in a ditch.

The reason according to him: A squirrel was in the road and couldn't decide which way to go. Kid swerved, squirrel ran away, car broke straight through the pole and kept going.

Kid seemed OK - smart enough to wear his seatbelt.

Took 8 hours for the utility company to replace the pole.

We made coffee for everyone and no one has seen the squirrel since.

Fun morning. :D

Members don't see this ad.

isn't that a GEICO commercial??? oh wellz, that kid is in for a rude awakening when the Electric co. slaps with with the bill for replacing the pole.... Bringing men in on over time + cost of new pole + cost of fixing wiring + cost of removal/disposal of old pole = PRICELESS! :eek:

I love stupid people.

Members don't see this ad :)
bandaidsNhoses said:
isn't that a GEICO commercial??? oh wellz, that kid is in for a rude awakening when the Electric co. slaps with with the bill for replacing the pole.... Bringing men in on over time + cost of new pole + cost of fixing wiring + cost of removal/disposal of old pole = PRICELESS! :eek:

Focus on the squirrel. Aim THROUGH the squirrel. See the squirrel remains - 4 paws and a red splotch on the highway.

actually, funny thing this mornin' on the way back home from work. 2 squirrels decide to play the "chicken" game with me...okie i flinched....

But they STILL lost! :p

It could have been more expensive....The pole had a transformer on it which fortunately did not fall off and crash into the wetlands below. Hello, DEP?

Our neighbor took the old pole - he is building a bridge over a stream in his back yard - so no disposal cost either.