The Statement of Purpose

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caninus_molarus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone.
iam in the middle of the application process,i got so much confused about the so called SOP,i have no idea what does it mean and i got no touch with this term,any member who has any information about it,like its format or how to write it to drag the attention of the admission office,please kindly post your info regarding it and have me enlightened.
thank you and i appreciate your reply.

Members don't see this ad.

There is a link about it in the sticky thread, I rmember going through it long back.

Statement of purpose is just an essay you have write explaining why you want to join that particular University and why that particular field, what motivated you to become a dentist, what your long term goals are and last but not the least "how the University will benifit by your efforts".
Its basically a lot of bs but it counts and is pretty important. A good SOP should be at least 1 page long but some colleges have a word limit and could also give you a sheet attatched to the application form to write it on.

Members don't see this ad :)
When in doubt, get it critiqued by one of the online essay editors.. like Essayedge. I haven't used it myself but a lot of my colleagues say it made a world of a difference.