The truth about DAT Destroyer and other materials.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FavColorBlue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After 6 weeks of spending nearly 6-8 hours a day for a total of 250 hours and using SDN constantly for reassurance and advice I feel that I owe a simple post offering my opinion on some materials. Keep in mind that this is my opinion but I have seen it to be successful for a number of other people that I associate with. Take it or leave it.

I know that you all want my DAT stats. Only because it will help validate my post here they are... 25/BIO 21/GCHEM 23/OCHEM 19/RC 21/QR 22/AA 23/TS 25/PAT. I about cried when I saw my score because I did not expect it at all. I am not here selling any products because you can buy these materials that I used for cheap off of friends or internet (besides the computer programs). Here are the materials that I used in order of importance in getting my above scores (I used the crap out of SDN to find good materials and these are what I found and bought)... DAT Destryoer, DAT Achiever (7 test version but would reccomend 5), Chads Videos, Crack the DAT PAT (ace edition), Cliffs AP BIO, and Math Destroyer.

I have seen much controversy with DAT Destroyer but I am here to say that it SAVED MY SCORE in every section it covers. I dont agree with the price tag AT ALL but it works. I went through every question thoroughly trying to understand the right answers, wrong answers, and everything in between. I went through it a 3rd time only reviewing ones that I found difficult or needed to review again. I seriously doubted its effectiveness the last week of study but it paid off in the end and I know at least 2 people who went through it more than 3 times and scored a 24 AA (given i dont know what else they used).

Dat Achiever IS ONLY TO HELP PREP YOU FOR TESTING CONDITIONS in my opinion. I never reviewed the questions (save a few) because they were STUPID HARD. I scored a 16 overall for the 4 tests that I took with Achiever. It was depressing but it prepped me for the timing and stress of the test so well that I had 30 minutes left to review the science section. Achiever WILL do that.

PAT.... well i would recommend to anyone to buy the ace edition of crack PAT and achiever combined. I went through all 10 CDP and 5 Achiever PAT tests and was scoring 22, 23, even 26 in CDP and my top-score in achiever was a 20 but using the combo of these two programs really prepped me for the real thing. Achiever is hell but it gives you worse case scenarios. The real thing is a mix of the two programs in my opinion.

I bought Cliffs AP Bio last minute and went through it once thoroughly and skimmed it the second time and it helped a lot in bio. The Bio section is random as shiz but you will notice a pattern to it after Destroyer and AP Bio that will help you kill it on the real thing. Wikipedia is also so awesome.

Chads videos are AWESOME and give you tricks and tips that will help with everything and the notes are great as well. I do think he goes a little too far into things at times however. I went through the math, gchem, and ochem.

Math destroyer was good. I only went through the first 7 tests in non testing conditions in order to understand everything. I always have sucked at math but this helped. However, I felt the math problems in the DAT Destroyer were more realistic and helpful.

Finally, the real DAT... DONT LET STRESS GET TO YOU. Whether before the test during studying or during the test, stress is the biggest factor (or was for me, even though I consider myself pretty good at timed MC tests). I felt like I was getting killed during the test but that was probably just my stress. I kept thinking about how I would fail and my 250 hours would have been worthless. And thinking of that during the test probably worsened my score but I still came out okay. Anyways, looking back I feel that it was actually a pretty easy test. There is just so much hype about it that stress can drown you. Stay above the stress and you will do just fine as long as you have done all you can to prep and have no regrets the day of the exam. I had no regrets the day of because I did all I could. Anyway, thats enough from me. GOOD LUCK :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PS. Getting a good score on the DAT is the single most time and effort effective way to improve your chances of acceptance to your DS of choice so put some time into it!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
thanks for the post. So you would suggest I spend more time on the math in DAT Destroyer and not Math Destroyer?

I've come to this conclusion about Destroyer: The folks who say it isn't needed and that Cliffs can answer everything simple got a favorable test, since a large number of breakdowns say that Destroyer contained pertinent information to the test that they would have otherwise not known. Thanks for the post!

Ya I would do a fair amount of both but I would recommend understanding very well the ones in DAT Destroyer. Many of the ones in Math Destroyer were way beyond anything I saw on the real thing. (honestly I thought the math sections was pretty easy on the real test). I skipped half of trig class and to this day still do not understand trig (only the very basics). So anytime I saw any trig on the test I just guessed haha. You should be able to do pretty well on the QR with doing all DAT and some Math Destroyer questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the detailed breakdown.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

After 6 weeks of spending nearly 6-8 hours a day for a total of 250 hours and using SDN constantly for reassurance and advice I feel that I owe a simple post offering my opinion on some materials. Keep in mind that this is my opinion but I have seen it to be successful for a number of other people that I associate with. Take it or leave it.

I know that you all want my DAT stats. Only because it will help validate my post here they are... 25/BIO 21/GCHEM 23/OCHEM 19/RC 21/QR 22/AA 23/TS 25/PAT. I about cried when I saw my score because I did not expect it at all. I am not here selling any products because you can buy these materials that I used for cheap off of friends or internet (besides the computer programs). Here are the materials that I used in order of importance in getting my above scores (I used the crap out of SDN to find good materials and these are what I found and bought)... DAT Destryoer, DAT Achiever (7 test version but would reccomend 5), Chads Videos, Crack the DAT PAT (ace edition), Cliffs AP BIO, and Math Destroyer.

I have seen much controversy with DAT Destroyer but I am here to say that it SAVED MY SCORE in every section it covers. I dont agree with the price tag AT ALL but it works. I went through every question thoroughly trying to understand the right answers, wrong answers, and everything in between. I went through it a 3rd time only reviewing ones that I found difficult or needed to review again. I seriously doubted its effectiveness the last week of study but it paid off in the end and I know at least 2 people who went through it more than 3 times and scored a 24 AA (given i dont know what else they used).

Dat Achiever IS ONLY TO HELP PREP YOU FOR TESTING CONDITIONS in my opinion. I never reviewed the questions (save a few) because they were STUPID HARD. I scored a 16 overall for the 4 tests that I took with Achiever. It was depressing but it prepped me for the timing and stress of the test so well that I had 30 minutes left to review the science section. Achiever WILL do that.

PAT.... well i would recommend to anyone to buy the ace edition of crack PAT and achiever combined. I went through all 10 CDP and 5 Achiever PAT tests and was scoring 22, 23, even 26 in CDP and my top-score in achiever was a 20 but using the combo of these two programs really prepped me for the real thing. Achiever is hell but it gives you worse case scenarios. The real thing is a mix of the two programs in my opinion.

I bought Cliffs AP Bio last minute and went through it once thoroughly and skimmed it the second time and it helped a lot in bio. The Bio section is random as shiz but you will notice a pattern to it after Destroyer and AP Bio that will help you kill it on the real thing. Wikipedia is also so awesome.

Chads videos are AWESOME and give you tricks and tips that will help with everything and the notes are great as well. I do think he goes a little too far into things at times however. I went through the math, gchem, and ochem.

Math destroyer was good. I only went through the first 7 tests in non testing conditions in order to understand everything. I always have sucked at math but this helped. However, I felt the math problems in the DAT Destroyer were more realistic and helpful.

Finally, the real DAT... DONT LET STRESS GET TO YOU. Whether before the test during studying or during the test, stress is the biggest factor (or was for me, even though I consider myself pretty good at timed MC tests). I felt like I was getting killed during the test but that was probably just my stress. I kept thinking about how I would fail and my 250 hours would have been worthless. And thinking of that during the test probably worsened my score but I still came out okay. Anyways, looking back I feel that it was actually a pretty easy test. There is just so much hype about it that stress can drown you. Stay above the stress and you will do just fine as long as you have done all you can to prep and have no regrets the day of the exam. I had no regrets the day of because I did all I could. Anyway, thats enough from me. GOOD LUCK :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PS. Getting a good score on the DAT is the single most time and effort effective way to improve your chances of acceptance to your DS of choice so put some time into it!!!!
Hi thanks So much! I am using CDP right now and I'm wondering we're the hole punching and angles equal in difficulty on the real DAT? How similar are the different types of PAT questions ?