The 'When EXACTLY will I find out about this school on Dec 1" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ReptileDisfunction

The Elle Woods of dentistry.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so today marks exactly 4 weeks til December 1. Given the obsessive nature of all of us I thought it would be nice to have a centralized thread where we list the exact time that acceptances from various schools went out last year so that everyone will have an idea of when they will be coming out this year.

Yeah, obviously things could be different this year but typically the interview invite schedule has been pretty consistent with last year so the reveal might be as well. There are a ton of schools so if everyone could pitch in and do a little recon and post it here I will keep this post updated. We already have a great head start thanks to the post in the '5 weeks' countdown thread by rxdmx372!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ce-rejection-thread-2014-2015.1081352/page-64

I'm going to try to keep all of the times EST unless they are otherwise specified. PLEASE include a timezone if it's not EST because I am not double checking all of this and posting the wrong time on here pretty much defeats the purpose.

Time translation:
If you are central time = the time below - 1 hr
If you are mountain time = the time below - 2 hrs
If you are pacific time = the time below - 3 hrs

School - Method/Time
AL Alabama - ~7:45am
AZ Arizona
AZ Midwestern AZ
CA Loma Linda
CA UCLA - ~ Call at 12:40 pm
CA UCSF - ~ Call at 12:40 pm
CA UoP - ~ Call at 12:20 pm
CA USC - email at 8am

CA Western
CO Colorado
CT UConn - email around 8am
DC Howard
FL LECOM - email at 7:44am
FL NOVA - possible early snail-mail, portal update and call at 8:30am
FL Florida - start calling around 6 am, email around then too

GA Georgia
IA Iowa - Email ~ 6:50am
IL Midwestern Il
IL S. Illinois
IL Illinois - calls starting ~9:00 am
IN Indiana
KY Kentucky - Email at midnight
KY Louisville - Email around 7:30am
LA Louisana - Email ~ 1 am
ME New England - email sometime before 8am
MD Maryland - ~ Email 8:45 am
MA Boston - ~3am

MA Harvard
MA Tufts - email around midnight
MI UDM - Calls starting at 6:30am, East to West
MI Michigan - phone call around 8am.
MN Minnesota - around 8:30 a.m. last year via email

MS Mississippi
MO Missouri KC
MO Missouri
NE Creighton
NE Nebraska
NV Las Vegas - AADSAS portal update ~ 8:30 am. Some people got phone calls.
NJ Rutgers - 8:12am
NY Columbia - email at 8:09am
NY NYU - Email at 7:30am
NY Buffalo - email at 6:20am
NY Stony Brook - Call, maybe around noon
NC ECU - e-mails around 6:30 - 8:30 AM.
NC UNC - phone calls starting around 7 AM
OH Case - email with an E-card at 3:12am
OH Ohio St - Email around 9:30 am

OK Oklahoma
OR Oregon
PA Temple -sends an email after midnight
PA Penn - phone call starting around 8am. Going East to West
PA Pitt - email at 8:24am

PR Puerto Rico
SC S. Carolina
TN Meharry
TN Tennessee
TX Texas A&M - Email between 1 am and 2 am
TX Texas Houston - Email around 9:00am
TX Texas San Antonio - Email ~ 1:00 am

UT Roseman
UT Utah
VA Virginia - Portal update around 8:30 am
WA Wash
WV WVU
WI Marquette - around 8 a.m. and they called later in the day

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 users
Minnesota was around 730 a.m. (8:30 a.m. eastern) last year via email. And Marquette the portal changed around 7 a.m. (8 a.m. eastern) and they called later in the day.

Last edited:
Haha you're compiling all the threads that will give me anxiety on Dec 1 into one massive thread that will give me anxiety on Dec 1. Well done!
Pitt also said they might call
Temple sends an email after midnight
Buffalo 6:20am
UNC 7:20am
Rutgers 8:12am
Looking at the old thread makes me so happy for everyone on there. Good for them :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Man, yall need a box of cookies or something to keep yourselves occupied until 12/1 lol.

I mean, Fallout 4 comes out next Tuesday.

Reactions: 6 users
UNC is apparently phone calls starting around 8 AM. ECU sent e-mails around 6:30 - 8:30 AM.

EDIT: Based on last 2 years school-specific discussions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
TX Texas A&M - Email around midnight
TX Texas Houston - Email around 9:00am
TX Texas San Antonio - Email around midnight

USC - Email around 5:00 am PT
UNLV - AADSAS portal update around 5:30 am PT. Some people got phone call as well.

Last edited:
As if I weren't anxious enough

Man, yall need a box of cookies or something to keep yourselves occupied until 12/1 lol.

I mean, Fallout 4 comes out next Tuesday.
Oh please. You think I'm not already sitting here with a box of cookies?

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UF starts calling for acceptances at 6 am EST (they also email in addition to the phone call I think). For Nova, it seems the acceptance snail mail comes in on time (albeit early last year - people got the packet a couple days before), portal is updated, and acceptance phone calls as early as 8:30 am in the morning on Dec 1.

Last edited:
I really had to poop when I clicked on this thread...Good thing I am on the toilet

Reactions: 2 users
Heavy-Breathing-Cat.jpg

*Hyperpnea*

Reactions: 4 users
We are not 1, we are a family. We are SDN United!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 years ago, LSU sent an email at 12:00AM central time.

UNLV allows you to call their office starting at 8 am PST (11 am Eastern) and they will tell you over the phone as well

Just wanted to let you know, the past few years, December 1 landed on a weekend (last year it hit Monday ET so west coast applicants were still receiving information on Sunday PT). The fact it falls on a weekday after a weekday is important.

Reactions: 5 users
I just keep imagining waking up on the morning of December 1st, refreshing my email on my phone, and getting rejection/waitlisted emails from all the schools I've interviewed at..

This is not a healthy thread

Reactions: 7 users
I just keep imagining waking up on the morning of December 1st, refreshing my email on my phone, and getting rejection/waitlisted emails from all the schools I've interviewed at..

This is not a healthy thread
....and then you wake up from that awful dream only to find an inbox of some acceptances! :)

Reactions: 9 users
Just wanted to let you know, the past few years, December 1 landed on a weekend (last year it hit Monday ET so west coast applicants were still receiving information on Sunday PT). The fact it falls on a weekday after a weekday is important.

While that may be true, until all dental schools concede their release method and time, looking into the recent past is the most reasonable method to get a leg up on when it might happen this year. I realize that it is probably a relatively inaccurate method and that any dental school could change, but given that I saw many, many instances of people going back to grab specific reveal details from that thread I figured it would be a convenient centralized place so people who were going to each individually take the time to go back and find the data could instead just look here.

NY - Stony Brook: Call, earliest I saw was 12 PM.

....and then you wake up from that awful dream only to find an inbox of some acceptances! :)

....But then that turns out to be a part of my dream. I wake up in a hospital bed having lost my arms in an accident with my dreams of ever becoming a dentist completely demolished...

....But then that turns out to be a part of my dream. I wake up in a hospital bed having lost my arms in an accident with my dreams of ever becoming a dentist completely demolished...
That hurt :inpain:

While that may be true, until all dental schools concede their release method and time, looking into the recent past is the most reasonable method to get a leg up on when it might happen this year. I realize that it is probably a relatively inaccurate method and that any dental school could change, but given that I saw many, many instances of people going back to grab specific reveal details from that thread I figured it would be a convenient centralized place so people who were going to each individually take the time to go back and find the data could instead just look here.
Oh I concede it is very useful to list it. But you will also probably find some schools making an early announcement before December 1 when it came to mailing hard copy letters because of holiday mail reliability. I know I at Case made that mistake when I thought I set up a timed email and things were sent out much earlier.

tOSU was ~9:30 a.m. last year. Received an email that they alluded to in the phone call later that day, along with an official letter later that week. 2 days later got the email with all the info on what was needed and when in the next 9 months.

UDM begins calling at 6:30am starting in their own time zone and then moving from east coast to west coast.

Best thread ever.

Reactions: 5 users
Wow.....you guys are funny....you literally spaz out over every part of the process. How about you treat Dec 1 like any other day instead of feeding your OCD down to the time zone

Wow.....you guys are funny....you literally spaz out over every part of the process. How about you treat Dec 1 like any other day instead of feeding your OCD down to the time zone

When I do something, I do it right.
If you don't like this thread then ignore it, no need to be rude.

Reactions: 11 users

But what else can I do until Fallout 4 comes out? They already delayed XCOM 2 until February and I didn't get into the Overwatch Beta QQ

If you can keep your cool, go ahead.

I'm OCD so I stay here. Even shopping at H&M gives me anxiety, so yes I'll stress over the process that decide my whole career.

Reactions: 3 users
UMKC starts making phone calls at 7:30am

LOL u stick ur fingers into a hornet's nest here. people are all on their edges these days.

Reactions: 9 users
But it's not just any other day?

Reactions: 3 users
University of Tennessee. Calls seem like they go out between 7:30am and early afternoon central time. I think they go in-state, Arkansas, then OOS... alphabetical within each subgroup. Two years ago, AADSAS status was updated to offer-made around 9am for some students. They didn't appear to do that last year. Dr. Covington is typically the person to whom you'll speak. He said they try to reach everyone that day.

Not sure if anyone can confirm, but I thought I read past threads and Loma Linda called in the evening around 5:30pm
If anyone knows better please say