Therapy Aide Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oregonprept

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on the cusp of graduating (this summer) and I'm applying to schools in the fall. I haven't ever had a position as a physical therapy aide, but I have almost 200 hours and I'm still observing this summer. I live in a college town where there are a lot of pre-PT students so aide jobs can be more competitive than else where. The issue is I've basically gone around to the clinics in town, dressed nice, dropped off resumes and references but haven't had any luck. I've also applied to three jobs on craigslist and a hospital website. No luck again. Everyone tells me about how easy their therapy aide job was to get, but I can't seem to anything. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is it possibly because I'm only going to be around a year till PT school? I really would like to work in PT before grad school and not have to do something just to make ends meet.

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the same position as you are last month. It was really hard for me to even volunteer at hospitals and clinics in Philadelphia. So one of my professors told me to try a rural area by going outside the city where there aren't a lot of student volunteers. Luckily I have a car and I went around so many hospitals, dropped off resume. I got a call to volunteer at rehab clinic...hoping to get hired there as I plan to take a year off before starting DPT program.

Hope you get a job soon =)