There Goes That Silly Argument

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Consigliere

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 2 users
Hold the phone. The ASA is fighting back against the AANA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there physician anesthesiologists! I've followed this forum as well as others for years. I am a crna, I work with multiple other crnas without physician oversight. I must say that when I was working in the icu, anesthesia residents and attending always stood out as motivated and the best prepared specialty wise for all of the critical issues that arose. Many, really all of my nursing colleagues in critical care preferred working with the anesthesia - cc staff and residents. Kudos, you guys really are great no patronage.

My colleagues and I provide exceptional anesthesia care and are equipped to handle more than our facility can. I, as well as most of my colleagues have done peds, hearts, thoracic, vascular, in our anesthesia careers and even more before.

I am in an opt out state. I've worked with anesthesia physicians in multiple practices in this state. Most are great, some (mostly academic no offense) have no desire to provide 1:1 anesthesia.

From this website it seems like the majority want to provide 1:1 physician anesthesia. Great! Crnas, mostly, want that too. This is not something new, Crnas have provided anesthesia independently for over a century. Sorry, that's America. Not going away. Now it seems to be a big push in my surrounding areas to start hiring crnas in what used to be md only practices!?!?

So what's the deal? I have my thoughts. I think md anesthesia is great. I think crna anesthesia is great. I'm sure you disagree but that's a different argument.

If md anesthesia is better why bring in crnas? Why? $$$$

I do fine, thanks to crnas the past 50 years fighting for something over a nurses salary. I think you guys should get paid too. I have no problem that you make significantly more than me as long as I'm not slave labor... The reason our facility employs and can recruit crnas is that they pay very well and our department makes them money vs paying a subsidy.

The subsidy and the 600 k salary are soon to end. Get it while you can. I don't blame you. I would, even if I (could) supervise.

Anesthesiologists, for the most part (ones that actually do their job) are the most respected by crnas. That might sound silly but it's reality. The reality for you is different than 25 years ago but by no means not lucrative and believe me crnas are not a threat in metro areas unless you consider 24 hour ob taken over by us a damper to your lifestyle.

Yes crnas will be more independent, yes ologists will continue
to make 2-3 times as much as us.

No we don't hate you.

Yes we think the ACT is bull****.

OK bring on the hate.

ImageUploadedBySDN1458596825.527873.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

There was no substance to begin with. It's hard for you. Sorry. Man I thought there was some maybe slightly biased thoughts (mine) dude if I'm that far off ley me know. I wasn't trying to start a fight. Our futures are tied together like it or not. As a crna and a hospital employee you will get paid 2-3 times more than me, that's fine. I will take great care of my patients, that's great. And so will you! Our fight is a political one and it will be decided, I think after we are all gone... In regards to the original post well sure, in the eye of the beholder. Mayo clinic itself bills qz in outpatient. Sign of the times even academia is feeling the pressure.

Mdas aren't going away. Crnas aren't going away. The way British Columbia is going they might be working on getting crnas too... check the news it's reminiscent of all of the us md a groups that sold out to amcs

You and your group must be some pretty special CRNAs--when any of the CRNAs I've worked with get in a sticky situation or have to care for a sick patient they look like a fish out of water.

And you're going to call the $175k that CRNAs make working 36 hr/week under ACT models "slave labor"... Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.