Thesis writing time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mercaptovizadeh

ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the crunch regarding this. Is it feasible to do this in two or three weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the crunch regarding this. Is it feasible to do this in two or three weeks?

I had to do mine in about that period of time. What made it possible was having several chapters that were just copy and pastes of papers. A good thesis was described to me as an intro, three papers on a cohesive topic, then a conclusion. So that's essentially what I did. It was very helpful that one of my thesis faculty proofread it for me, because the rough draft was sloppy due to time constraints.

Yeah, it's definitely possible if you have several papers (aka thesis chapters) already written. I did it in a little over a month, but that involved completely writing one chapter (which would eventually become the first draft of a paper) in addition to the intro and conclusion. May have been some procrastination mixed in there too.

Agree with the others. If you have a lot of it already written in the form of manuscript drafts or you've wisely kept up with writing up your methods and results as you went along so that you just need to do an intro and conclusion, you'll probably be ok. If you have to do the whole thing from scratch, forget it.