General Admissions & OTCAS Thinking of Occupational therapy, Insight on my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shurlz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted opinions on if I would have a chance of getting into a program.

I have a bachelors and a masters degree. Bachelors gpa was 3.o in insurance and Masters gpa 3.8 in Clinical Mental Health counseling.

Say I do 20-30 hours of observation, and I get a B in the rest of my pre req I need to take (3 or 4 classes depending on program) do you think a program will take me.

GRE scores 155 verbal 149 quantitative and 3.5 writing

Also if this matters I'm an African american male.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I say you have a good shot considering that you had a 3.8 overall gpa in graduate workload. This means your last 90 units and overall gpa is relatively higher. Beware that some schools do specify bachelor for gpa so check specific schools if your masters can be calculated on top or can override undergraduate one. Having 3 or 4 prereq missing makes you a weaker candidate so I wouldn't apply until those are completed. Having a B is the baseline for most school so I would do my best to aim beyond Bs. During that time try to accumulate hours. It is not so much number of hours but what you gained from it. Schools want to know that you know what OT is.