This is the beginning of my Autobiography. Input please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrazyStory

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just looking for feedback.

I posted a thread about making money off of my autobiography, and got an infraction, so this time, I am posting the first 10 years of my life as a PDF attachment, so as to see if it is interesting to the public. It is 15 pages in length.

I hope that this can become a medical diary, as to the effects of ADD, Dysthymia, Anxiety, Early Partial Remission of Polysubstance Abuse, and Borderline Personality Disorder, all combined. A story of how life can through you down, but you must stay positive.

The next 18 years of my life still need to be completed, and there is SOOOO much more detail, that I really am going to need help. I can tell my story, much quicker, than I can write it, and I have a very tiny attention span, so it will take every bit of my time to complete this. I am lucky I got this far to begin with.

Thank you for your time. I hope I am interesting to you. Give me feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• My Autobiography.pdf
    145.1 KB · Views: 131
There is nothing remotely compelling in that story. Sorry. If you're writing an autobiography I would trim those 15 pages to 3-4 sentences that read something like, "I had an average American childhood."

It's not about what is compelling. It is a medical journal. From my conception to my present. This informs the reader about me so as to see what I have gone through in it's entirety. There is so much more, and it needs to be written. 15 pages is nothing compared to what is still to come.

How many books have you read that detail a severely mentally and emotionally handicapped persons life story, that was written by the handicapped person them self. I don't have a physical disorder, and people that are supposed to be doctors need to understand that some of us are still highly disabled in our mentalities.

Anything else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, by no means, has my life been any sort of "average". It has been pure hell for me, since day one, and I have over come many obstacles in my life, acquired much wisdom in my 28 years on this planet, and understand almost everything there is to know about what is wrong with me.

Pay no attention to Valadi. He has obviously not read what I have written from the perspective of a medical student.

I wasn't trying to upset you. You asked for feedback. I gave it.

Unless you are a medical student, how would you know what our perspective is? What you wrote had almost nothing medically related in it save a few sparse sentences about "raising your hand constantly" and mentioning ADHD. It is a chronological stream of consciousness essay. Maybe that's what you're going for? To showcase how your mind works? I thought you were writing an autobiography, which is to what I gave my feedback.

As an aside, the stuff you wrote about to me in your PM I think does help clarify who you are as a person and what your experiences were. Your cat in a blanket story - in my opinion - is less important.

I apologize. I take offense to things easily. I know that I need to qualm this attribute, being that, it does not help in any situation. Got to take the good with the bad. I am used to standing up for myself, and I have issues with people that I deem to be a threat, putting me on the offensive. I am and always will be a fighter. I didn't mean to snap on you.

I understand what you are saying. I guess I always wanted this to be a complete history of myself, to be used as medical research. A way for families to understand what is the worst that could happen to your children if neglected. It takes a remarkable person to put up with my bull****, and very few have been able to do it up until this point. This is a preparation guide, for people like me, so as to know clearly the signs that avail themselves, allowing them to evade situations based on another persons experiences. Mine.

Even though experience is the best teacher, it is also the most costly. I would prefer to inform, over hearing about another "me" following the same path I have, and learning the hard way. I want to help however I can. That is who I am.

The cat thing will be taken out though. Thank you for that.