Thomas Jefferson COP 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone,

My roommate and I are two female third year Jefferson pharmacy students looking for a roommate for our 3 bedroom condo for the next school year (starting August). The condo is located on 11th st. right past South st. (~5-10 min walk to Jefferson). The condo has 3 private bedrooms, two bathrooms, central heat and air, washer/dryer, and a balcony. Rent is 725/month plus utilities, and parking is available if needed. Please email [email protected] if interested

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone going to accepted student day?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

For those who interviewed, how long did you wait until they got back to you?

Members don't see this ad :)
They got back to me in less than a week, it was 5 days.

They got back to me the day after my interview.

Thanks guys. I guess it depends on when the Admissions Committee meet up. The whole interview process was quick and had a bit of a business feel to it since everyone was staggered throughout the day. By the end, my interviewer and I kept on talking and we got interrupted multiple times because we ran out of time lol.

Also, how is everyone planning to live in Philly? I absolutely love the program, but when the P3 students told me that it's not ideal to drive around Philly since most places are walking distance from campus (not to mention parking is super expensive), I got a bit nervous. When I was there, I felt the overwhelming city driving my rental car around City Center and even visited Temple for kicks lol. I'm not from a big city so it might be something I need to be adjusted if I decide to go here.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I guess it depends on when the Admissions Committee meet up. The whole interview process was quick and had a bit of a business feel to it since everyone was staggered throughout the day. By the end, my interviewer and I kept on talking and we got interrupted multiple times because we ran out of time lol.

Also, how is everyone planning to live in Philly? I absolutely love the program, but when the P3 students told me that it's not ideal to drive around Philly since most places are walking distance from campus (not to mention parking is super expensive), I got a bit nervous. When I was there, I felt the overwhelming city driving my rental car around City Center and even visited Temple for kicks lol. I'm not from a big city so it might be something I need to be adjusted if I decide to go here.

I'm in the same boat. I live in the middle of nowhere, but I love the school. Personally, I'm not bringing my car with me because insurance rates are really high and then adding the $100+ a month to possibly have the car broken into because I would just use it to drive home once or twice a month is not worth in IMHO. I talked to a few of the students as well as some friends that live in Philly and they also stressed a car isn't needed.

Housing-wise, it really depends on what you are willing to pay. I'm trying to keep my student loan debt down, so I'm living in Martin for at least a year. I've commuted my entire undergrad, so I think it'd be nice to have the dorm room experience. :rolleyes: I'm hoping to learn the city and find a nice, affordable place for the latter years. The rents are pretty high around the city from what I've seen, so you just have to make the best decision for you. It's going to be a huge adjustment for people like us, but it's going to be a great experience. I just started my last undergrad semester today, and I wish I were in Philly instead of here. :laugh:

Has anyone heard back from the 1/26 interviews? Everyone is hearing back so quickly I'm afraid i might have not been accepted :(

Has anyone heard back from the 1/26 interviews? Everyone is hearing back so quickly I'm afraid i might have not been accepted :(

The admissions committee might not have met yet. I wouldn't worry. The one school I applied to took almost a month to send an acceptance.

Hey everyone! I was interviewed on January 12th and I got accepted on the 17th. Here were my stats:
GPA: 3.28
PCAT: 89
LOR: I sent 3, two from non-pharmacy related employers and one from my research PI
I only had one semester of undergraduate research experience and no other pharmacy related experience. I'm actually surprised that I was admitted because my GPA leaves something to be desired (it has risen since then though).

I sent in my deposit! So excited to finally start :)

Is there a facebook group for the class of 2017?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my deposit! So excited to finally start :)

Is there a facebook group for the class of 2017?

I'm excited as well. It's only the third day of this semester for me so I've got a while yet.

I didn't see one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I turned down no less than 9 schools for Jefferson...hopefully I'm not making a mistake :p

I turned down no less than 9 schools for Jefferson...hopefully I'm not making a mistake :p

9 schools? Did you interview at most of those places yet?

I like Jefferson. But I still have a few interviews to go to, and two other acceptances to debate upon. JSP is great. New facilities. New staff. Many chance for collaborations with other professors and departments. City living. Almost no con's about it. But turn down 9 schools? daaannngg.

9 schools? Did you interview at most of those places yet?

I like Jefferson. But I still have a few interviews to go to, and two other acceptances to debate upon. JSP is great. New facilities. New staff. Many chance for collaborations with other professors and departments. City living. Almost no con's about it. But turn down 9 schools? daaannngg.

I turned down some simply due to safety concerns (for example temple), but most because of the nightlife and/or networking possibilities. I live in NYC so I can't stand going to a small city like Richmond for 4 years. Jefferson pretty much meets all of my criteria and the interview impressed me. I'm still waiting on Maryland though.

The list of schools I was offered interviews from are:
University of Saint Joseph
Iowa, University of
Midwestern University-Chicago
Touro College (NY)
LECOM Erie School of Pharmacy
Temple University
Virginia Commonwealth University
Western New England

Has anyone who had an interview last weekend heard anything yet?? I'm getting nervous because it sounds like everyone else posting on this thread heard back really quickly :(

Has anyone who had an interview last weekend heard anything yet?? I'm getting nervous because it sounds like everyone else posting on this thread heard back really quickly :(

i still havent heard back from my 1/26 interview, when was yours?:(

i still havent heard back from my 1/26 interview, when was yours?:(

Same. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with it like I did. I will be super bummed if I don't get accepted! Hopefully the admissions committee just hasn't met yet...

Same. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with it like I did. I will be super bummed if I don't get accepted! Hopefully the admissions committee just hasn't met yet...

still no answer... :( :( :(

I turned down some simply due to safety concerns (for example temple), but most because of the nightlife and/or networking possibilities. I live in NYC so I can't stand going to a small city like Richmond for 4 years. Jefferson pretty much meets all of my criteria and the interview impressed me. I'm still waiting on Maryland though.

The list of schools I was offered interviews from are:
University of Saint Joseph
Iowa, University of
Midwestern University-Chicago
Touro College (NY)
LECOM Erie School of Pharmacy
Temple University
Virginia Commonwealth University
Western New England

Richmond may be relatively kind of small compared to NYC but it is not way a small city. Plenty of culture in Richmond and why would you apply to VCu if you can/'t live in Richmond.

Anyone looking for a roommate next year? I'm trying to get an apartment off campus in the city, preferably the nicer area. I'm a male, sociable, drinks and like to have fun on the weekends.

Finally, they got back to me today after about two weeks. Interviewed on 1/26 and got accepted on 2/8!:soexcited:

Finally, they got back to me today after about two weeks. Interviewed on 1/26 and got accepted on 2/8!:soexcited:

Congrats!! I interviewed that day as well but haven't heard anything back ): Would you mind sharing your stats?

Mine was 3.1GPA, 86 PCAT, Certified Tech, Chem Degree.

Mine was 3.1GPA, 86 PCAT, Certified Tech, Chem Degree.

I have similar stats, but not as competitive PCAT. I think they do put a weight in your interview responses, because I think I crushed mine!:thumbup:

Does anyone know how long it takes to know if you get an interview or rejection? I submitted my supplemental application the last week of January and haven't heard anything back. Is it too late? :(

Does anyone know how long it takes to know if you get an interview or rejection? I submitted my supplemental application the last week of January and haven't heard anything back. Is it too late? :(

when did PharmCAS verify your application? Mine was verified and I completed my supplemental in the end of December. I got an interview within a week. Jefferson even waived my supplemental fee!

How long does the school take to get back to students?!? After the interview?

I interviewed at the beginning of January and they accepted me in 4 days.

when did PharmCAS verify your application? Mine was verified and I completed my supplemental in the end of December. I got an interview within a week. Jefferson even waived my supplemental fee!

I completed my PharmCAS app on 1/2 and they verified everything by 1/16. My supplemental was completed around 1/30. Hopefully they are just handling a lot of requests... Doesn't seem like I'm getting an interview though.

Does Jefferson say anything if they choose not to invite you to an interview? Like a nice, "please look elsewhere" letter? I'm just getting too anxious waiting.

Don't worry. I submitted Pharmcas back in late october and didnt get an interview until before xmas. Once you got to the interview, it is pretty quick: I got the acceptance 5 days afterward. Good luck

Anyone looking for a roommate for the fall? I wanted to try and find an apartment off campus but one bedrooms are so expensive!

Anyone looking for a roommate for the fall? I wanted to try and find an apartment off campus but one bedrooms are so expensive!

I'm looking to get an apartment off campus somewhere in the heart of the city, walking distance. Message me if your interested.

I'm looking for a roommate on campus in probably Barringer if anyone is interested.

Is anyone thinking of going to the 2013 Accepted Student Reception on March 16? If so, do you think it'll be worth it?

I plan on going to meet some fellow classmater/potential roommates and hopefully be able to tour the residency facilities more than I was able on the interview.

Does anyone know if Jefferson is LGBTQ friendly? I know that all schools have a non-discrimination policy but I'm more curious about the students and the neighborhood...if anybody has any idea please let me know.

Thomas Jefferson hosted the White House's LGBT Health Summit so I would assume the administration itself is open. Other than that, I can't say.

Does anyone know if Jefferson is LGBTQ friendly? I know that all schools have a non-discrimination policy but I'm more curious about the students and the neighborhood...if anybody has any idea please let me know.
Jefferson is right in the neck of the "Gayborhood", if that helps, JewGirl!

Any ideas on what the dress code is for the Accepted Student Reception? Same as the interview?

Any ideas on what the dress code is for the Accepted Student Reception? Same as the interview?

I guess you could wear the same kind of attire that you wore for the interview. Anything that's not too casual could also work :)

Do we need an intern license to do a pharmacy internship during the summer? Or do we just apply to different pharmacies for internships? Also, should we wait until school starts to get a license? Did anybody get into any pharmacy internships so far? Thanks.

Does anyone know if business casual, such as dress pants or khakis, is acceptable for the accepted students reception tomorrow?

i'll be living in Chinatown!
i'ts probably not the safest area, as said by many people i know from philly, but i just like the idea of having cheap food near me everyday, and cheap groceries as well. and most cheap places are open until very late too so it's convenient, and it's only a 15-20 min walk to jefferson.

Does anyone know when you should expect to hear back from TJU since submitting the housing application?

I was wondering if anyone received their financial aid award from jefferson yet or news about when we gotta pay our tuition, etc?

my app wasn't complete until just last week because of the whole IRS data retrieval tool.

Does anyone know when you should expect to hear back from TJU since submitting the housing application?

I received an email saying that housing assignments for incoming students (who applied for housing) will be distributed during late May and throughout the summer months. During this time, we will receive a phone call from Jeff with a housing offer and if that offer is verbally accepted, Jefferson will sent us the paperwork. Check your JeffMail and you should see an email from the Housing Coordinator.