General Admissions & OTCAS Those who wanted to be in/or are from the west coast ++

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WanderlustOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What schools did you apply to? Which have you chosen or will choose? What were/are your deciding factors in choosing?

Preferably, I'd like to stay in the west coast & wondering about anyone in, or was in, the same boat. BUT I am also curious about those who are from the west coast but didn't necessarily care about staying in the west.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from the Westcoast and price was the central factor in applying to state schools to get in-state tuition

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was first researching which schools to go to I thought that I would only apply to California schools, but as time went on I realized how expensive the private schools are in California. With only two state schools in California I decided to apply to out of state schools as back ups since the state colleges are highly competitive. I ended up only applying to CSUDH and Texas Woman's University before I received my acceptance letter from CSUDH, which was my first choice. The reason why I wanted to go to CSUDH was because it's only two hours away from my family, I really like the curriculum and the tuition is very reasonable. As for TWU, I worked with an OT who had graduated from there and she told me great things about the program. The tuition is cheaper than the tuition at any of the private schools in California and the cost of living in Texas is also reasonable.

So did you apply to all CA schools or just SJSU & CSUDH?
Just those two, so it took me an extra year to make my app competitive enough to be accepted by both but I'd say the price was worth it--after state grants I only pay about $1k for tuition every semester

Hello! I'm from the Bay Area and I plan on applying to a few schools here locally. I also have applied to schools in AZ, NV, IL and ME. However, I am reluctant to head towards the East Coast because of cost, weather and being so far away from family. But, I am open to the opportunity if I do get acceptances from those schools. Crossing my fingers that I get into SJSU.

I am from Colorado and would love to go West Coast! I applied to/applying to now: Puget Sound, Dominican (CA), University of Washington. Those would be my top three choices. I also applied to a school in NV, Midwestern in AZ, and CO State (that is a long shot I think). We will see!

I am from the Bay Area and am applying to Samuel Merritt, SJSU, Columbia and NYU. I'm not sure whether or not I want to stay in northern CA or head to NY for an adventure (yes an adventure that will leave me cold and broke). I might apply to St. Augustine in so cal or USC at the beginning of 2015 as well.