Thoughts on Drexel's MPH (vs.Columbia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsMPH

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what people's thoughts are about Drexel's MPH. I've received a substantial scholarship from Drexel which is a huge help as I am an international student. However, I've also been accepted to Columbia. A lot of forums talk about the pros and cons of Columbia and thinking about the debt I'll accumulate going there is daunting whereas, with Drexel I'll graduate with a lot less debt but from a lower ranked school.

Will graduating from a school like Drexel over Columbia make a huge difference in ability to get a job after? Is one school worth going to over the other?

Any thoughts on Drexel's program, job availability in Philadelphia after, internship etc. would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Go with the less debt option. I think you'll be fine at Drexel as long as you make an effort into networking and making connections. My friend graduated from their program and got a great job at the CDC afterwards. Accumulating a lot of debt is not a great idea in our field.

Thanks for the advice :)
Do you know if your friend liked the community based masters project Drexel requires?

Sorry no idea, but I think she enjoyed the program overall!