Thoughts on leaving a formal post bacc (certificate program/ non degree granting) due to moving cities. How is CSU San Marcos (CSUSM) post - bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pixiedixie

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience in leaving in the middle of a formal post bacc (non-degree granting) to transfer to another one (in a different city)? OR leaving a formal post bacc and doing DIY instead? How will it look on med school applications leaving a post bacc? They'll just be able to see that I did well in those courses and have later completed the remaining courses at another school, right? Are there repercussions for leaving (I hope not since it's non- degree granting)? I'm thinking about CUNY's CCNY post bacc as well but that would start next year.

Reason I ask:

I got into CSUSM Post bacc starting this fall and I want to try out this formal post-bacc but I can't find many resources online about their feedback and experience. It's a relatively new program (couple of years old) I believe. I want to make sure that the education I receive will prepare me for the MCAT. They say the program has 94% success rate but they don't have any information beyond that or how they obtained that number? If anybody has more information about this program, that's be great. I hear its evening classes only, how are the professors? Did this program prepare you for MCAT? If the experience isn't great, I would consider moving back to NY to complete my courses. I want to get my courses started immediately but I also wouldn't want this program to backfire at me if the education isn't good. All-in all, I want to commit but I want to know what's the worse case scenario if I end up going elsewhere instead in the midst of it?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I know this thread is older but did you decide on the CCNY post-bacc program?

Does anyone have experience in leaving in the middle of a formal post bacc (non-degree granting) to transfer to another one (in a different city)? OR leaving a formal post bacc and doing DIY instead? How will it look on med school applications leaving a post bacc? They'll just be able to see that I did well in those courses and have later completed the remaining courses at another school, right? Are there repercussions for leaving (I hope not since it's non- degree granting)? I'm thinking about CUNY's CCNY post bacc as well but that would start next year.

Reason I ask:

I got into CSUSM Post bacc starting this fall and I want to try out this formal post-bacc but I can't find many resources online about their feedback and experience. It's a relatively new program (couple of years old) I believe. I want to make sure that the education I receive will prepare me for the MCAT. They say the program has 94% success rate but they don't have any information beyond that or how they obtained that number? If anybody has more information about this program, that's be great. I hear its evening classes only, how are the professors? Did this program prepare you for MCAT? If the experience isn't great, I would consider moving back to NY to complete my courses. I want to get my courses started immediately but I also wouldn't want this program to backfire at me if the education isn't good. All-in all, I want to commit but I want to know what's the worse case scenario if I end up going elsewhere instead in the midst of it?

Thanks in advance!
Hi! I don’t know too much about the CSUSM post bacc either, but I got accepted for Fall 2024 also and am highly considering it :)