Thoughts on Letters of Intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dragonfroot

c/o 2023
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got to talking with a friend of mine who is currently in medical school about my vet school app process, and she suggested writing a letter of intent and sending it to the director of admissions of the school that I really want an acceptance to. I’m just curious on anyone else’s personal experience and/or thoughts on this? She said that until you get that rejection, you still have time to send it.

Members don't see this ad.

Medical school admissions is different than vet med and letters of intent aren’t really a thing. (From what I glean from my occasional perusal of the pre-also thread, they’re of questionable value even on the human med side of things). I’d say unless you have an update to send (maybe a big new experience or something), just be patient :)

Reactions: 5 users
You can also think of it this way: they know you intend to go there cause you applied there. If letters of intent meant anything, then they would still receive well over double or triple the amount of letters for the amount of spots they have, which doesn't change much if anything at all.