thoughts on listing other students as contacts for amcas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

conebone69

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how does it look to list other students (or recent graduates) as contacts for amcas? The official AMCAS manual said put in the name of the student activities office if the organization was purely student run, but I don't think my student activities office keeps record of this kind of stuff. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

how does it look to list other students (or recent graduates) as contacts for amcas? The official AMCAS manual said put in the name of the student activities office if the organization was purely student run, but I don't think my student activities office keeps record of this kind of stuff. Thanks.

just put an email. i dont think amcas contacts them however, you are going to have to give your contacts a heads up in case amcas contacts them for confirmation.

just put an email. i dont think amcas contacts them however, you are going to have to give your contacts a heads up in case amcas contacts them for confirmation.

I don't think AMCAS contacts them I think the individual schools do. Also it's pretty rare for it to happen but it does occur according to LizzyM.

Members don't see this ad :)
I put a peer as a contact in one of my activities where there wasn't a faculty advisor and it wasn't associated with the student activities office.

i see. i was a little hesistant to put down a fellow student since it said to put down the student activities office on AMCAS. yea, i emailed the SAO and i'll update the contacts if they said they can't do it.

So far I've put two students as contacts... Just can't get around some of them o_O

Hey guys- does the amcas/schools really contact your contacts??

I'm asking because for some activities that I did a long time ago, I put a contact- but didn't let them know, per se.

yeah...i'm getting really busy and haven't let them know -- but if the schools or amcas contacts them, do they just ask for "was this person really in this club" or is it like "oh and here's all the things they said they did and their hours, please verify" -- seems like if it got that detailed that i should contact them...seems kinda hard to track them all down at this point though.

Ya, I was wondering too. I shadowed a doctor a couple years ago, but he has since moved to a different hospital on the other side of the country...I don't even know if the email I have on file for him still works...