Thoughts on my school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm trying to finalize my school list. Right now I have about 25 schools but I'm trying to cut that down to about 20. Not a set number, but I'm just shooting for about 20-25 schools. Anything more than that and I'm worried I won't have the time.

I'm an IN resident with a sGPA and cGPA of 3.9. I took the MCAT in September and got a 35. I have typical EC's (research, volunteering), but nothing extraordinary. Let me know if you need any more info.

Here is my list. What are your suggestions?
  • Albert Einstein
  • Baylor
  • Brown
  • BU
  • Case Western
  • Columbia
  • Drexel
  • Emory
  • Georgetown
  • IU
  • Jefferson
  • Loyola
  • Medical College of Wisconsin
  • Northwestern
  • NYU
  • OSE
  • Rochester
  • SLU
  • Temple
  • Tufts
  • UMiami
  • Pitt
  • UIC
  • UVA
  • Penn State
Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the common wisdom around here is that people who are looking to cut down should first get rid of schools like Georgetown and Drexel that have a high volume of applicants.

Cut Brown, as they high prefer their own grads.

You can do better than Penn State and Drexel; try USC/Keck or Hofstra.

Dump Tufts for high cost of tuition.

Hey guys! I'm trying to finalize my school list. Right now I have about 25 schools but I'm trying to cut that down to about 20. Not a set number, but I'm just shooting for about 20-25 schools. Anything more than that and I'm worried I won't have the time.

I'm an IN resident with a sGPA and cGPA of 3.9. I took the MCAT in September and got a 35. I have typical EC's (research, volunteering), but nothing extraordinary. Let me know if you need any more info.

Here is my list. What are your suggestions?
  • Albert Einstein
  • Baylor
  • Brown
  • BU
  • Case Western
  • Columbia
  • Drexel
  • Emory
  • Georgetown
  • IU
  • Jefferson
  • Loyola