Thoughts on Step 1 Schedule Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shammyguy3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current M2, consistently scoring above average on exams, so top 50% of class if that matters. I've matured over 80% of Anki already. I've answered about one third of USMLERx questions (75% correct) and almost half of Amboss questions (68% correct). So between those two sources I have about 3,000 practice questions I want to get through before starting UWORLD. My STEP1 date is early May.

My current pace so I don't burn out is as follows:
Anking new cards per day = 50
Amboss or Rx questions per day = 40 per day

At that pace, I'll have completed two question banks + all of anking with 9 weeks to go until my test date. With the 9 weeks, I'm not sure exactly how to tackle that. I'll keep up with myr reviews for Anking which will be pretty minimal at that point. Do I essentially just divide up the UWORLD questions and do X number of them per weekday (would turn out to be , and leave weekends for practice tests? If i do that, i'll be doing ~75 Uworld questions each weekday for the 9 weeks, and then have weekends for practice tests. Does that sound feasible?

My ultimate goal is FM, so I don't need a 250+ or anything but i'm shooting for at least a 230 (figured that's a good floor since i've been above my class's average on professor and NBME exams) and target is 240. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.