Thoughts on this verbal strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some do this already, but not in such a formal way. Reading high-level and mind-stimulating articles can only help you.

The most recommended magazines are The Economist and The New Yorker.

I am not sure how many people will agree, but I find anything by Richard Dawkins to be especially convoluted and a great exercise of reading comprehension.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've tried something new recently as well and it has helped a bit. Thoughts on it would be great too.

I used to try and read the passage in 4-5 minutes but now I read much slower and I sometimes spend 6-6.5 minutes reading and 3.5 -4 minutes answering questions. I have found that slowing down that much allows me to exactly pinpoint where in the passage the question may reference or just be able to recall much quicker by allowing myself to comprehend at a better level by slowing down.

Although people try to finish the passage reading as quick as possible, that doesnt work for everyone.

I've tried something new recently as well and it has helped a bit. Thoughts on it would be great too.

I used to try and read the passage in 4-5 minutes but now I read much slower and I sometimes spend 6-6.5 minutes reading and 3.5 -4 minutes answering questions. I have found that slowing down that much allows me to exactly pinpoint where in the passage the question may reference or just be able to recall much quicker by allowing myself to comprehend at a better level by slowing down.

Although people try to finish the passage reading as quick as possible, that doesnt work for everyone.

I think this is probably a consensus for many, if not most, people. Personally, I just keep a rough track of time as I do a section of my verbal. I usually have about 5 minutes left at the end of a Kaplan or TPR section. I don't time a passage individually because they all vary in how much time you need to spend on them (length of passage text, # of questions, complexity of topic, etc.).

If your strategy is anything but read the passage and refer back to the passage for any questions that require it, then I doubt the validity of your strategy.