About the ads

Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Allopathic' started by Brain Bucket, May 21, 2013.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Brain Bucket

Brain Bucket Oh man, I forgot to bring the marshmallows.

Medical Student
  2. Kaustikos

Kaustikos Klassy Gentleman

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I'm sorry...a cardiothoracic surgeon JUST came to this realization? He needs to speak to a cardiologist before regurgitating this information that they already know.

I've talked to cardiologists and been taught that there is a correlation with elevated LDL and the risk of Heart Disease. That's almost an undeniable fact considering the pathophysiology of the elevated LDL (LDL particles in the vessels causing the inflammatory reaction). That and familial hyperlipidemia with elevated LDL...basically causes Heart Disease.

I dunno... My only distaste is that he's trying to say that we know 100% what causes it, when we don't. We've never been able to conclusively state that fat/whatever diets are definitively involved...But that they are risk factors.
  3. Donald Juan

Donald Juan

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Did you read the same article I just did?
  4. Anastomoses

Anastomoses secretly an end artery Gold Donor

Medical Student
    lol. This heart doctor is just trying to make an article out of nothing. He's not saying anything new. What the guy with the cleavage avatar said.
  5. yehhhboiii

yehhhboiii ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Medical Student
    I wasn't very impressed when I saw that this doctor had his license revoked in 2008 and the first website connected to his name on google links to quackwatch.org.
  6. tiedyeddog

tiedyeddog

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  7. Kaustikos

Kaustikos Klassy Gentleman

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Yes. A cardio surgeon basically trying to say cardiologists haven't known about this. Trying to make some statement like it's new/unheard of. Does he know what he's talking about? Maybe. But I'd listen to a pathologist/cardiologist before listening to a heart surgeon discuss something like that.