Thyroid Shield Allergy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tramadeezy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed my thyroid shield is causing what looks like a contact dermatitis on my neck. Im thinking I must have developed an allergy to the outer fabric or something. Ive tried a neck and thyroid shield cover but doesnt seem to work. Anyone run into this issue and found a good solution (different brand or fabric?) Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ive noticed my thyroid shield is causing what looks like a contact dermatitis on my neck. Im thinking I must have developed an allergy to the outer fabric or something. Ive tried a neck and thyroid shield cover but doesnt seem to work. Anyone run into this issue and found a good solution (different brand or fabric?) Thanks!
I would assume this is more likely irritation from rubbing than a true allergy if a cover didn't help. Was it the adhesive style covers you used that are kinda tight to the shield? Did you try wearing a neck gaitor style mask under it to see if a looser barrier was sufficient? Most often I see people with an OR towel folded in there to avoid the neck cooties but the gaitor might be softer/less irritating.

You could always grow out a neck beard.

You need to clean the shield or clean your neck

Is this a shared lead outfit or do you have your own? I’d also make sure no one is borrowing it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Somebody wore your lead and got bedbugs on it

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I am not sure if a tegaderm would help underneath, kind of a tricky area. I wonder if a shot of flonase on your skin before you wear it might prevent some of the irritation.

I have developed some really sensitive skin over the last couple years. Sometimes any collar really bothers me. Quit wearing dress shirts to work. Daily Zyrtec and keeping my beard shorter have helped but it is still a problem.