Tigre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geauxg8rs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard this morning on the radio that Tiger's MRI of neck, which was suspected to show a herniated disk instead showed "facet inflammation". This was per the announcer on Fox Sports Radio. Stated he was gonna have massage and anti inflammatories?
No RF? Or do you guys think that type of thing would be on the down low. Apparently his neck is really bothering him, at least that was the reason given for recent poor showing. Either that or his POS swing coach.

Anybody wanna RF this guys neck? Would you do an STD work up first?
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I heard this morning on the radio that Tiger's MRI of neck, which was suspected to show a herniated disk instead showed "facet inflammation". This was per the announcer on Fox Sports Radio. Stated he was gonna have massage and anti inflammatories?
No RF? Or do you guys think that type of thing would be on the down low. Apparently his neck is really bothering him, at least that was the reason given for recent poor showing. Either that or his POS swing coach.

nah call the Chiropractor first to try some cervical HVLA...x 10. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)

I'd do intra-artic steroid first. I find that better for acute inflammatory conditions, such as for RA.

Something doesn't add up here. He was reportedly having paresthesias down the arm - which sounds a lot more radicular than facet-related. They are probably trying to downplay this whole thing, or the doc is questionable. Seeing as golfing is a common cause of cervical radic, I'm favoring that diagnosis.

I am sure that we are only getting 1% correct story. Kind of like when hockey players get broken bones and are listed on injury reports as having "flu like" symptoms. Personally I am voting for tertiary syphillis.

Amazing it took a couple days to even get MRI, Maybe he just needs to start whoring around again to get rid of some of that built up tension......then I bet his neck would be feeling fine

Amazing it took a couple days to even get MRI, Maybe he just needs to start whoring around again to get rid of some of that built up tension......then I bet his neck would be feeling fine

maybe thats how he hurt it...

joselyn James?

Something doesn't add up here. He was reportedly having paresthesias down the arm - which sounds a lot more radicular than facet-related. They are probably trying to downplay this whole thing, or the doc is questionable. Seeing as golfing is a common cause of cervical radic, I'm favoring that diagnosis.
Cervical facet pathology can also cause referred pain to upper extremities - the presence of "paresthesias" in no way excludes a primary diagnosis of cervical facet pathology

Cervical facet pathology can also cause referred pain to upper extremities - the presence of "paresthesias" in no way excludes a primary diagnosis of cervical facet pathology

"Woods further said that he plans to have an MRI next week. A cervical MRI is the gold standard for finding out if there is a disc herniation present. He said he was having a hard time with the pain, and that there was a tingling sensation on his right side down to his fingers. As he was driven from the golf course, Woods continually squeezed his right hand and released his fingers."

So, ampaphb, based on the description above, what is at top of your differential diagnosis (assuming we don't get a physical exam or imaging)?

"woods further said that he plans to have an mri next week. A cervical mri is the gold standard for finding out if there is a disc herniation present. He said he was having a hard time with the pain, and that there was a tingling sensation on his right side down to his fingers. As he was driven from the golf course, woods continually squeezed his right hand and released his fingers."

so, ampaphb, based on the description above, what is at top of your differential diagnosis (assuming we don't get a physical exam or imaging)?
CTS (Sounds like a positive flick sign to me)

You are both wrong. Its peripheral neuropathy due to tertiary syphilis.

If the facet pain causes scalene spasm it will give them arm symptoms (e.g., scalenus anticus).

Or maybe he's just spanking the monkey too much.

If the facet pain causes scalene spasm it will give them arm symptoms (e.g., scalenus anticus).

Or maybe he's just spanking the monkey too much.

Why spank it yourself when you could have a different supermodel spank it for you every night of the week :D

one of the reporters said he was diagnosed with a bulging d*ck...
she was probably right.