Time for some lighter topics.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noyac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you were asked, what's your "all time" favorite song, what would it be? I'll even let you list two. But no more.

Mine:
Led Zeppelin- No Quarter

Number 2:
Led Zeppelin- Achilles Last Stand

Members don't see this ad.

Radiohead!!!
I love it.
One of my all time fav's.
My favorite Radiohead song: "There There". Insane drum riffs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sevo, I expect big things from you here. But you can only list 2.

Dude... you know that's BS... only listing 2???
WTF are we going on... I have like 1o different best of all time catergories... best lyrics, best guitar solo, best drums, best 70's, 80's, 90's... jeeeesus brah. Very tasking.
Now I'm stressed out.

I can say this Noyac, my favorite version of No Quarter is not by Led Zeppelin. :headphone:

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure this is a reasonable question. I listen to a variety of music and a lot depends on my mood or what I'm doing. But....

Mastodon: Blood & Thunder (the Leviathan album as a whole is an amazing work of art)

Tool: Forty six & 2 (hard to pick a favorite)

WTF are we going on... I have like 1o different best of all time catergories... best lyrics, best guitar solo, best drums, best 70's, 80's, 90's... jeeeesus brah. Very tasking.
Now I'm stressed out.

I can say this Noyac, my favorite version of No Quarter is not by Led Zeppelin. :headphone:
Yeah I know, it's a tough task.
So let's hear it, what's yours?

Gotta go with:

Metallica - Of Wolf and Man (my pre-game hype song for many years)

Rage against the machine: I can't believe I have to pick.... Bulls on Parade?

Sevo; I wanna hear your favorite guitar solo song.....

"War Ensemble" - Slayer

"Sanitarium" - Metallica

First one gets me ready to deal with surgeons, second one reminds me where I am when I work with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. "Everlong" - Foo Fighters

2. "Glycerine" - Bush

I just love the first one, and the second has some meaning for me and my wife.

Foo Fighters - Everlong

Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind A Counter (I probably could have picked a ton of Pearl Jam or a lot of others for #2... this was tough and sure I probably have one I like more)

However, I always wish I could play/blast Metallica's "Enter Sandman" when I come into the OR...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Now I'm stressed out.

Tool's version of No Quarter is great.

Reactions: 1 users
damn. I could go Zeppelin but instead going even more main stream.
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Redemption Song

edit versions by Iz and Marley. like them when I was young, now, and probably when I'm old too

The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony

Kind of unfair! Depends on what I'm doin or my mood. Among them would definitely be
War Pigs- Sabbath
F tha Police-NWA

Now I'm stressed out.

The best solo one is interesting... Comfortably numb (both parts). November Rain (both parts). Voodoo chile (slight return) live at the Fillmore east, beat it, ANYTHING by dimebag Daryl...

Last edited:
Album: Alice in Chains - Dirt

Hmmm. This was harder than I thought.

Jane's Addiction ... 3 Days.
Pink Floyd ... Comfortably Numb.
Three days rocks. I would blast that song in my dorm room when I was studying for organic chem.

Zakk Wylde's Doom Troopin' DVD rendition of "In This River" has arguably one of the top 3 live solos ever performed. I've probably listened to this song 3000 times cause you can tell he's playing his absolute heart out for Dime. Tune starts at 2:25

And a couple bonuses

Last edited:
Zakk Wylde's Doom Troopin' DVD rendition of "In This River" has arguably one of the top 3 live solos ever performed. I've probably listened to this song 3000 times cause you can tell he's playing his absolute heart out for Dime. Tune starts at 2:25
Wow, thanks for that one, vector!!!

Tool: Forty six & 2 (hard to pick a favorite)

:thumbup:

Hmmm. This was harder than I thought.
Jane's Addiction ... 3 Days.

"Sanitarium" - Metallica

Album: Alice in Chains - Dirt

ohhhh hell yeah... :thumbup:

AIC Dirt, Tool Aenima, Metallica Masters of Puppets and GNR Appettite for Destruction are prolly my favs... I want to put Panteras Vulgar Display of Power in there... but... I can only have 4 all timers.

......ANYTHING by dimebag Daryl...

YES! See above.

My favorite song is mostly likely 46 & 2. That song always gives me shivers going up my spine... especially Danny Carey throughout the song and especially the last 3 seconds. Love the build up nature of their songs with a super crazy ending that suddenly stops. Ugh... good stuff. :horns:

Funny you guys nailed a lot of my personal favorite stuff. That's actually impressive... most impressive.

Sevo; I wanna hear your favorite guitar solo song.....

Off of one of my favorite (prolly top 5 albums) of all time: Megadeth: Holy Wars.

TOURNADO OF SOULS!

I've been able to play the rhythm on this track for ever, but the solo is so insanely sick... I just can't nail it. Currently working out some Rhandy Rodes solos-

Another solo that just builds... Me and my boy from high school still head bang/air guitar to this solo.

Off of one of my favorite (prolly top 5 albums) of all time: Megadeth: Holy Wars.

TOURNADO OF SOULS!

I've been able to play the rhythm on this track for ever, but the solo is so insanely sick... I just can't nail it. Currently working out some Rhandy Rodes solos-

Another solo that just builds... Me and my boy from high school still head bang/air guitar to this solo.

I've never heard that. That's bad as hellll!!

Sorry!
Didn't realize Altitudes was already on there...

Sidewinder by Avenged Sevenfold is GD amazing too

Last edited:
@Vector and @Pooh & Annie... nice vid.

Love it when heavy technique style meets classical training. Nice vid. Fun as heck to watch.

One of my favorite songs to play and get lost for a quick second... not terribly difficult, but full of melody and a true inspiration for me since the late 80's.
I had the privilege to see him 5 feet in front of me not too long ago... Amazing.
He's sooo good and full of feeling live. Having fun the whole time.

One of my (many) guitar idols... who I consider classic, but not classical. Def. not the thrasher type, but crazy good technique, tone and sound reproduction.

This one has a little spanish flavor I'm partial to lately:

Lotta good songs listed. Surprised by all the love for 'no quarter,' best Zeppelin song for me has always been 'since I been loving you'--so much soul in that song.

Metallica - Fade to Black

Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
The Used - Blue and Yellow

If we are branching out into solos, I am a big fan of the sweeps portion in BTBAM - Selkies: the endless obsession.