Time to Receive Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryval

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My transcript was sent by my undergrad college (in upstate NY) on 5/26 but has yet to be marked as received by AMCAS. Should I be concerned or ask the registrar's office to send them again?

Members don't see this ad.

You should be very concerned. It probably means your app will be very late now :(

I requested mine to be sent (from LI) 5/25, and they were just marked received today. Hopefully yours will pop up soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Verbatim Disk One does not need to turn in the "latest" transcript that shows their senior year grades on them. It just has to be an official one. You can always send a full one as an update (I've heard, though I am not sure if it's true or necessary since they don't always look at senior year for GPA related issue, but mostly for trends). So there are students who are graduating this year and may not have their "final" grades released but turned in a transcript from before final grades posted. Thus, your would be "later" than theirs.

@Verbatim Disk One does not need to turn in the "latest" transcript that shows their senior year grades on them. It just has to be an official one. You can always send a full one as an update (I've heard, though I am not sure if it's true or necessary since they don't always look at senior year for GPA related issue, but mostly for trends). So there are students who are graduating this year and may not have their "final" grades released but turned in a transcript from before final grades posted. Thus, your would be "later" than theirs.

Yeah, of course it'll be later, but I don't agree that it'll be "very" late. That's just sdn mentality, and it adds unnecessary scare to the OP. Sending it now will be later, but it won't put you at a significant disadvantage like it would if you submitted your app in August.
You can send updates, but a lot of people don't, and if you have good last quarter grades, having that calculated in your primary is better than an update to every school.

Just a note that I had a mild app tragedy when one of my schools printed and sent my transcript so slowly that, by the time AMCAS opened it, 15 days had passed. If your transcript is dated more than two weeks prior, it is no longer considered "official" and they will make you send a new one. They don't care if it was delayed in their mail room or elsewhere--they'll just tell you it isn't any good. My application is delayed now because of it.

If I were you, I would order an overnighted copy with FedEx tracking immediately.

Yeah, of course it'll be later, but I don't agree that it'll be "very" late. That's just sdn mentality, and it adds unnecessary scare to the OP. Sending it now will be later, but it won't put you at a significant disadvantage like it would if you submitted your app in August.
You can send updates, but a lot of people don't, and if you have good last quarter grades, having that calculated in your primary is better than an update to every school.

I agree with what you are saying. I was just responding to the part that other schools haven't released transcripts yet...that's not technically a reason that would definitely delay your transcripts unless you choose to send your app when they are released. So the fact that they don't release transcripts yet doesn't relate to how early/late her/his app would have been compared to others if that makes sense? :thinking: In which case it's down to what one chooses. That's why I made sure to say "later" not "very late"...but I wouldn't stress about it @ryval . It'll be later than everyone who has it ready now...but long as you get this resolved quickly you should still be within the first few batches of candidates (considering you were going to send your application in soon).