Timeline Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrapeApe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the ideal timeline to take the MCAT (having finished necessary coursework and providing 2-4 months prep time), fill out the Osteopathic Mecial college online application, followed by the individiual secondary school applications?

Or, I could put it this way? What does "apply early" in relation to the calendar year mean?

Members don't see this ad.

Applying this summer would be 'early' for the class entering in Fall of 2007 (class of 2011). Having not yet taken the MCAT means you cannot be admitted before the deadline when classes must be filled for the class of 2010 (fall 2006 entry). The ideal situation would be to apply in May/June/July and receive your interview in Sept/Oct. In that situation you would know whether or not you are accepted by christmas 2006 at most DO schools (they tend to have a faster turn around time for acceptances). That's not to say, though, that later applicants have no chance... I personally didn't submit my AACOMAS until november (2003), and interviewed in February (2004), was accepted for entry in fall of 2004, and am now in the final semester of my second year. Work hard, rock the MCAT, and good luck to you!