Timeline of Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IvanD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm sure the timeline of application topic has been beaten to death, however I'm in a little unique situation in that, I'm an international student studying in the US but looking to apply to Australian med schools. I was curious what the usual timeline is for US applicants applying for Aussie schools?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm sure the timeline of application topic has been beaten to death, however I'm in a little unique situation in that, I'm an international student studying in the US but looking to apply to Australian med schools. I was curious what the usual timeline is for US applicants applying for Aussie schools?

Thanks!

I think applications just opened in early March.

Expect interviews over the summer (US summer that is), and offers in the summer/fall.

Our academic year is reversed running February - November with most applications required in October or November with selection late in the year or early the following year

Be aware mate that not all Australian medical schools take international students; are you looking for an undergraduate program or a post graduate program, can you get a student visa for between four and six years and do you have several hundred thousand dollars just laying around to be spent?