About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

timelines

Discussion in 'Osteopathic' started by stbitch, May 29, 2004.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. stbitch

stbitch Junior Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Can someone tell me the actual timeline between 2nd year and residency programs, i'm getting a lot of conflicting information. When exactly do we have to decide what residency we want and when do we apply?????, is there a deadline to take the boards?,...........i'm sure i could do the research and find this out but i'd rather ask u folks. ;)
  2. Claymore

Claymore Yankees Suck

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    1. MS-1, MS-2:classroom based
    2. MS-3, MS-4:clinical clerkships. Usually decide at the end of MS-3 or beginning of MS-4 what specialty to apply to. Apply in the Fall of MS-4, interview between November and January (roughly). Match in March. The San Francisco Match (neuro, ophtho, uro, ent) is slightly earlier.
    3. PGY-1: Internship
    4. PGY-2++: Residency

Most people take Step 1 at the end of MS-2 (May/June) and Step 2 sometime during MS-4. However, it depends on the individual school's requirement as to when these must be fulfilled. Some require you to pass Step 2 to graduate, others do not.