Timetable for Med School Applications: Please Advise!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brohata

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Do any of you know the general timetable for med school applications? I know the whole process is unpredictable, but:

-When/what month(s) do most of the interviews take place? Jan and Feb?

-When do most secondary applications arrive?

Thanks so much! And good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on your numbers and where you are in terms of the schools' other applicants.

If you turn in your AMCAS in June, some schools will send out secondaries immediately, without pre-screening, while others will wait. So you could get secondaries as early as July/Aug.

Then you turn those in and are considered for interviews. Again, it depends on your numbers. Interviews start as early as late August, and continue through April or May, I think.

For me, I submitted AMCAS in June, got all my secondaries completed by mid-August, and was done interviewing in early October.

Hey, don't forget "when do we get accepted?"

Can be from October to September...
That's right, you can interview, then sit on your a$$ for almost a year waiting/hoping... have fun.

Members don't see this ad :)
my schedule was as follows:

last MCAT - April before applying
AMCAS sent - early July
AMCAS verified - August
Secondaries - July through October
Interviews - October through April
AACOMAS sent - November
AACOMAS verified - December
DO Secondaries - December through February
DO Interviews - February through March

hope it helps. my advice, apply as early as possible. trust me, schools will respond to u much earlier, u can interview around september and october, and be in somewhere before the year is over. wish u the best of luck!

January and February interviews are fairly late. I would urge you to apply as early as possible. Some schools start accepting people as early as October 15th...