Timing for the actual DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omgitssum1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of questions about timing/skipping sections/moving on I just wanted to clarify.

Optional Tutorial - I'm going to use this time to draw my PAT stuff. Once I'm done, can I skip this section and move on before the 15 minutes is up? Should I actually go through it? Does it familiarize me with each section better than what DAT Bootcamp has already prepared me for?

Survey of Natural Sciences - Does this section combine all three sciences together (e.g. first gchem question comes right after last bio question)? After finishing the ochem sections can I go back to the bio sections?

PAT - If I finish the natural sciences section early, can I jump to PAT? I'm assuming I can't go back to natural sciences once I start PAT, right?

Break -After 15 minutes, does the test start without me if I'm not back by then?

Does anyone actually do the post test survey?

And finally, how different is DAT bootcamp's layout compared to the actual DAT? From what I read, you have to manually click through each question (no question # at the bottom). Anything else?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Optional tutorial - depending on your exam location, they may or may not allow you to write down your PAT charts. I recommend you still go through it just to get comfortable in those 15 minutes and ready. They'll just tell you what each button does, the time you have, number of questions, etc. Here is a copy of what you'll see on test day: https://www.prometric.com/ClientFiles/ada/DAT/htmldemo/starthere.htm

If you notice, you have to click "Next" every question before you get to the end, where there will be a list of all the questions. You can't jump around from the beginning.

SNS - All 3 sections are combined together, yes. You can go back and forth between sections.

PAT - If you finish SNS early, you can submit that section and go on to PAT. You can't go back once you submit it.

I'm not sure about the break, I was too afraid of the test starting without me so I got back early. Best to ask the proctor.

I recommend doing the post test survey. It'll take a minute of your time and help the ADA understand their own test better.

Good luck! Let us know how you do.

Quick question. I know touching the monitor is against the rules, but can you tilt your head during the PAT section?

Members don't see this ad :)